• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No talks before Article 50, says Angela Merkel's spokesman"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
    Your are BoJo, aren't you?
    No he's Gove as he admitted it.

Leave a comment:

• Milkyway
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I'll do it. At least I know that I have no idea what I am talking about.
    Your are BoJo, aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    This all reminds me of Abe Lincoln who decided to slaughter 600,000 Americans in order to preserve the union.
    Cuckoo.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    This all reminds me of Abe Lincoln who decided to slaughter 600,000 Americans in order to preserve the union.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Not a bad idea. Anyone think they can forge Cameron's sig? If not, we could try email. Anyone got Juncker's email address?
    We would have to alter the From field so it looks like it came from Gidiot.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Couldn't one of us write and send the article 50 letter?
    Not a bad idea. Anyone think they can forge Cameron's sig? If not, we could try email. Anyone got Juncker's email address?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yeah traditionally we export the Irish (to lay railways), Scots (to build bridges) & Cornish (to Dig holes). We could get rid of all the troublemakers!
    Judging by what can be read on this forum, building bridges is no longer part of the skillset of your average Jock.

Leave a comment:

• deebeegee
    replied
    In a key moment of the campaign, Vote Leave pledged that in the event of an out vote, money saved from Britain’s EU ‘membership fee’ would be used to fill the gap.

However, with Vote Leave being a cross-party campaign organisation rather than the Government, it is not clear what weight that guarantee will carry.
    I should say that it is pretty clear exactly how much weight that guarantee will carry

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I'll do it. At least I know that I have no idea what I am talking about.
    Good man. Not knowing what you're talking about is an advantage.

It'll bamboozle the opposite side.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Cornwall voted out but still want the money, or at least the government to guarantee the same amount of investment
    I read this. Nearly fell off my chair.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Couldn't one of us write and send the article 50 letter?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Doing what exactly?
    Fighting to control the Tory party.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Why would they even talk to him? He is a backbencher MP, he got no authority. Nobody will talk to him until he is a PM or officially appointed by the Govt in some capacity that warrants ministers talk to him.

Until Article 50 is invoked they will be too busy anyway.
    Doing what exactly?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Surprised he hasn't popped up ready to lead the negotiation.

Someone needs to start leading soon ....
    Nick Clegg ,while being useful for making pleasantries in multiple languages to make other European leaders feel at ease, is not the leader of any political party in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Hamface is setting up (and is a) "unit".

They aren't going to trigger Article 50 until they know precisely what they want (bottom line, best case scenario etc.). There are degrees of informality and, regardless of what the EU is currently saying, there will be informal talks, because Hamface's unit will be populated by people that have long relationships with the Eurocrats. Much sounding out will take place.

Will there be an EEA+ (i.e. constrained free movement)? Difficult to say. Not if you listen to the Junker wing. More likely if you listen to Merkel, but it's very difficult to read her at this stage. The priority for Merkel et al. right now is to not accentuate market nerves until there's a functioning UK Gov't, but the tone could change once Article 50 is triggered, especially if Boris wins. TBH, I think that's going to plague Boris as the leadership contest develops. You're going to get Project Fear Mk. II from the EU institutions about dealing with him (not entirely unfounded either). I think May is a quite likely alternative, despite being a Bremainer.

Interesting times.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X