• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Channel tunnel to close on Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Ah, so happy with those 1 million refugees wandering around your streets and taking a dump on your doorstep then
    I think they only do that to the people who treat them badly.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I think they only do that to the people who treat them badly.
      What did the residents of Cologne do to them?

Comment

These threats are even more reason to leave. If these people are so vicious they may be equally so if we stay and some future EU decision, more banking regulations for example, is very damaging to British interest.

In any case the flow from Calais is dwarfed by migration from the EU. Hard to say if Syrians will be a problem or not but they can't be worse than the Roma, or the Turks, Albanians etc. yet to come. Also as the EU expands, the borders with the outside world inevitably become more porous for obvious reasons, more able to claim family within EU countries etc. They can then go anywhere they like in the EU and I doubt they'll want to stay in Greece or Albania. If we stay in we may look back in a few years and think Calais was a minor problem.

We could reduce the draw the UK seems to have for migrants if we stopped being so damn nice to them by comparison with some other nations, including France. Make asylum and residency applications much more difficult. Being out of the EHCR will help. Allowing one person' human rights to trump everyone else's is absurd in principle.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 3 March 2016, 13:21.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What did the residents of Cologne do to them?
          Shut it BP. They did not quench their thirst. Isn't that enough?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            Ah, so happy with those 1 million refugees wandering around your streets and taking a dump on your doorstep then
            Funnily enough, the only people who I have ever seen piss and tulip in the streets tend to be boozed up Brits on stag weekends in Hamburg and Berlin
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Being out of the EHCR
              and others.

EU != ECHR

Different treaty and we are legally bound by it.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Channel tunnel to close on Brexit?]
                No. If the French close the UK border controls in Calais, then they'll be reopened in Folkestone and vice versa.

Seems like the usual dumb politician brainfart. Almost worth of Trump.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  No. If the French close the UK border controls in Calais, then they'll be reopened in Folkestone and vice versa.

And as we all know as soon as they make it onto blighty soil in Folkestone - with a few choice words they will have achieved their dreams
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    And as we all know as soon as they make it onto blighty soil in Folkestone - with a few choice words they will have achieved their dreams
                    I think we need to get ahead of the curve and start fencing off Kent in order to house any unwanteds. The garden of England can simply become the garbage can of England. A giant festering carbunkle on the backside of the Home Counties that we can use as a holding depot for the great unwashed immigrant hordes.
                    You know it makes sense, after all, the whole place reeks of garlic since the chunnel opened anyway.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Quite wrong, Trump would have built a wall across the Mediterranean
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X