• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In or Out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It's a England neverenddum.
    Do you need a chip on your other shoulder for balance?

Some Scots (who don't even live in their own country) are so full of hatred for 55 million people - hatred of every single one, when their hatred should be aimed at the people who are responsible for all the alleged injustices.
    Why blame Dodgy Agent for the tax rate in Scotland when Alex Salmond refused to set it when he was in power?
    Why blame NickFitz for the state of NHS Scotland, when its budget is controlled from Edinburgh?

You cannot blame every single English person for everything that isn't perfect in your life. At some point you have to grow a pair and accept responsibility rather than constantly blaming others. Get on with living in the now, not living in the past.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Not an option so no point discussing it, its an UK referendum
      It's an entirely plausible scenario that we get an Out result and the tulip really hits the fan though.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Some Scots (who don't even live in their own country) are so full of hatred for 55 million people - hatred of every single one, when their hatred should be aimed at the people who are responsible for all the alleged injustices.
        Why blame Dodgy Agent for the tax rate in Scotland when Alex Salmond refused to set it when he was in power?
        Why blame NickFitz for the state of NHS Scotland, when its budget is controlled from Edinburgh?

You cannot blame every single English person for everything that isn't perfect in your life. At some point you have to grow a pair and accept responsibility rather than constantly blaming others. Get on with living in the now, not living in the past.
        You need a love bomb.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Where does hatred come from will scarlet? Did I wrong you in another life?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It's an entirely plausible scenario that we get an Out result and the tulip really hits the fan though.
            It means Scotland has to do what its told
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
              And you think you'd get more self-determination if you split from the UK and re-joined the EU?

Delusional.
              Well yeah, unless you believe all the decisions in Westminster are currently only window dressing for the masses and in fact the MPs all get their marching orders from a secret cabal in Brussells...

@WTFH Salmond didn't have any tax powers unless you're talking about scrubbing Council Tax and replacing it with something else. If so that's going to be the next Holyrood govt and yes, that needs to be delivered. I think Scots tend to blame Westminster for the things it does: bedroom tax, restricted immigration/bs asylum policy, foreign wars, Trident, etc.
              Last edited by seanraaron; 3 February 2016, 14:34.

Comment

In or Out?

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                @WTFH Salmond didn't have any tax powers unless you're talking about scrubbing Council Tax and replacing it with something else. If so that's going to be the next Holyrood govt and yes, that needs to be delivered.

Since the Scotland Act (1998) they have had several powers to vary taxes, but have consistently failed to do so, instead blaming Westminster...
                http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/46/part/IV

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Oh, they're cunning. They'll string it along, make it seem like something's happening. "These things can't be rushed… need to take the time to ensure we get the best deal for hard-working families in the UK." But you'll get jack tulip until they're making money from you for doing it.

Once again, those great lines of Mr Zappa's: "They just look after Number One, and Number One ain't you. You ain't even Number Two."
                  Release the hounds! The hounds being backbench Tory MPs. There would be enormous pressure to respect an "out" vote, even before they select a new leader, at the cost of the party.

Comment

Since the Scotland Act (1998) they have had several powers to vary taxes, but have consistently failed to do so, instead blaming Westminster...
                    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/46/part/IV
                    Largely bullsh*t since it wouldn't allow for changing the income tax rates which are fixed by Westminster. He could have added an additional tax on people, but show me a poltician who would do that and survive review by his own party let alone the voters.

As far as I'm aware the only new powers which are relevant in that regard is an ability to restore the 10p tax band and that only came into effect this year I believe. Given the negotiations for the new Scotland Act are still taking place, Swinney would be nuts to do anything with that until after additional powers are clarified; especially given Council Tax is likely to be replace with a new local income tax/property tax.

Comment

If you think the law is bull tulip, that's up to you, but they have had the ability to raise OR LOWER taxes for some time and have refused to do so, instead making you believe what you have just posted as true.

Comment

Working...
                      X