• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Prince Philip has passed on sadly. Hardly a surprise at 99 with heart problems but still sad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ilip-dies.html

Just hope to god the press aren't going use it to cancel him or whatever the call it when they dig all the past dirt up. Bit of respect might be in order for a change.
    oh dear bye bye "Phil the Gaffe" a war hero from a different time. Carriage racing in his 90s, makes you glad to be Greek!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

oh dear bye bye "Phil the Gaffe" a war hero from a different time. Carriage racing in his 90s, makes you glad to be Greek!
      BBC have a good piece up about his life, beyond the pre-prepared Obituary.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50589065
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Forty One gun salutes today.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

They took BBC 4 of air last night.

The DoE wanted no fuss FFS.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            They took BBC 4 of air last night.

The DoE wanted no fuss FFS.
            The guy made it to 99, he had a great life, never had to pay for a single thing. This country tends to go OOT with these things.

I was more gutted when Rik Mayall passed TBH.

Anyway,

Sad to hear about DMX https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56647793

Just to be fair BBC4 should play It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot on loop for the next 24 hours.

qh

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Nikki Grahame dies aged 38 after a long battle with anorexia

No matter what you might think of Big Brother participants being celebrities truly a tragic story
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

The guy made it to 99, he had a great life, never had to pay for a single thing. This country tends to go OOT with these things.

Rik Mayall and David Bowie the only times ever I was shocked or gutted when a famous person died

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Captain Sir Tom?

Both born around the same time, both noted for valour during the Second World War, both did charity work and both raised a family.

Why celebrate ones death but not the other?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Made not Royal...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...o-dead-64.html

'He fought an incredible fight': The Sopranos star Joseph Siravo, who played Tony's father, passes away aged 64 following lengthy cancer battle
                    • The actor, who was best known for his role as Tony Soprano's father Johnny in the hit show, died on Sunday after a lengthy cancer battle
                    • News of his passing was confirmed by fellow actor Garry Pastore, 59, who shared an Instagram tribute to his late friend and lauded his 'incredible fight'
                    • Alongside a head shot of Joseph, he penned: 'RIP my dear friend, who fought an incredible fight. I will miss you. See you on the other side'

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Shirley Williams dies aged 90

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56720985
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X