• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Greg Lake dies aged 69

Emerson, Lake & Palmer’s Greg Lake has died at the age of 69 after a battle with cancer.

The news was confirmed on Lake’s official Twitter account by Emerson, Lake & Palmer’s longtime manager Stewart Young.

The news comes after Lake’s bandmate Keith Emerson died earlier this year as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
    Anyone seen Carl Palmer recently?

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is Bowie missing from that picture?

What a fooking year!

Edit: what a div, got him. Need to stay off the sudafed.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Greg Lake dies aged 69

Anyone seen Carl Palmer recently?

Probably counting the royalties from the inevitable boost in record sales.........
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Lake Palmer is alive and kicking, even has a Facebook page - NOW LISTEN..

Comment

RIP John Glenn

John Glenn, American hero, aviation icon and former U.S. senator, dies at 95 | The Columbus Dispatch

Comment

FFS 2016

Comment

95 good age though.

God Speed John Glenn.

Last edited by quackhandle; 25 January 2017, 21:48.
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

AA Gill
                  AA Gill: Sunday Times critic dies after cancer diagnosis - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    Crikey, he'd only just revealed that he had the disease a week or so ago.

Used to enjoy his Table Talk column in the Sunday Times.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                      I know the name, and I have a subscription to the Times (and the Sunday Times), but I can't recall ever being consciously aware of reading one of his articles. I think I may have missed out...
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X