• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Although the death of a human being is rarely cause for celebration, it is the symbolic death of the destructive ideologies that he espoused that, I believe, is filling the Cuban exile community with renewed hope and a relief that has been long in coming. And although the grip of Castro's regime will not loosen overnight, the demise of a leader that oversaw the annihilation of those with an opposing view, the indiscriminate jailing of innocents, the separation of families, the censure of his people's freedom to speak, state sanctioned terrorism and the economic destruction of a once thriving & successful country, can only lead to positive change for the Cuban people and our world. May freedom continue to ring in the United States, my beautiful adopted country and may the hope for freedom be inspired and renewed in the heart of every Cuban in my homeland and throughout the world." Gloria Estefan
    Last edited by Flashman; 26 November 2016, 19:00.

Comment

Indeed. No loss him, although doubtless some lefties loved him. Beats me how people like Mao Zedong are still heroes to some, although, in terms of numbers of lives he cost, he almost made Adolph look like a nice chap. And Castro's henchman, Guevara, another mass murderer. Seen tea-shirts with him on for sale quite recently.

PS Yep. Quick Google find loads of tea shirts with Guevara on for children!
      Last edited by xoggoth; 26 November 2016, 19:21.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Castro praised by Corbyn. I really never took the bloke to be such a total ****. is that seriously the sort of society he wants?

Fidel Castro: Jeremy Corbyn praises 'huge figure' - BBC News
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ron Glass (Shepherd Book, Firefly) is gone.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Ron Glass (Shepherd Book, Firefly) is gone.
            That's a bit sad.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Manuel has returned to Barcelona: Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs dies aged 86 - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Man not well. RIP
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Que?

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Peter Vaughn 93 good innings RIP
                    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post

Peter Vaughn 93 good innings RIP
                      RIP Grouty.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X