• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how you'd go about vetting potential tenants, to make sure you don't end up with the wrong sort. It's a lovely thing to do though.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Charity workers who used life savings to buy first home to house asylum seekers | Daily Mail Online

Whilst I'm impressed that they care that much, lets hope it turns out OK. I fear it will turn to Tulip.
      <Headline Placeholder> Muslim Asylum seekers behead Christian Charity Worker after massive house blaze cause them to lose benefits>>
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This just isn't going to end well. The charity workers themselves are going to need charity to help them

Comment

You might house people you already know. It mentions they're Christians so their church might have a program helping such people, which can funnel candidates their way.

Or they might not care about vetting that much, and take the view that if their house gets trashed, that's a risk they're willing to take.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe they've already got to know the people they're housing? We have an asylum seeker staying with us. We'd known him for a year before inviting him. I'm hoping his application is granted as I'd like to take him on as a permie and makes some money out of him.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Moody Mod strikes again.

OK I can only post about cars, watches or attacking another poster.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Maybe they've already got to know the people they're housing? We have an asylum seeker staying with us. We'd known him for a year before inviting him. I'm hoping his application is granted as I'd like to take him on as a permie and makes some money out of him.
                nope read the post

The husband and wife asked charity Hope Projects to find them some tenants
                we all know you want to exploit some asylum seeker rather than training up a local , "may your morals be overridden by greed" not sure where that was on the stone tablet...

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
                  This just isn't going to end well.
                  If you treat people like crap they'll probably meet your expectations. It's a bit of a vicious circle with landlords in deprived areas... they treat the tenants like scum because they can't be trusted; the tenants then act badly and treat the house badly, reinforcing the landlord's views and so on and so on. Breaking such a chain involves risk and probably cost which means people rarely try.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Have you been studying NLYUK's business model?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      If you treat people like crap they'll probably meet your expectations. It's a bit of a vicious circle with landlords in deprived areas... they treat the tenants like scum because they can't be trusted; the tenants then act badly and treat the house badly, reinforcing the landlord's views and so on and so on. Breaking such a chain involves risk and probably cost which means people rarely try.
                      been a landlord long?

Comment

Working...
                      X