• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that one of Mauve Monkeys relatives in the picture?

Comment

In dodgeball it was considered funny.

Is the UK losing its sense of humour? I blame brexit....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Is that one of Mauve Monkeys relatives in the picture?
        Yes he's the one with the good looks and is svelte by comparison

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I blame Jeremy Corbyn, ever since he came to power the country has gone to the dogs. Him and his cronies feeding these stories to the liberal hand-wringing daily mail in an effort to make it appear less of a Labour rag.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Knew it

Laziness is a sign of intelligence as 'thinkers' were much less active than 'non-thinkers' | Daily Mail Online

Laziness is a sign of intelligence: Researchers say people who spend more time thinking are less physically active
            Used 'Need for Cognition' to find 30 'thinkers' and 30 'non-thinkers'
            Monitored movement and activity levels of 60 students wearable device
            Researchers found the 'thinkers' were much less active than 'non-thinkers', however, the weekends proved to be the same levels for both groups

and a quiz

ignore the fail one its wrong!

- The Need for Cognition Scale

The 18 statements from the revised Need for Cognition Scale (Cacioppo et al., 1984) used in the Wabash National Study of Liberal Arts Education are shown below. Asterisks designate the items that are reverse scored.

I would prefer complex to simple problems.
            I like to have the responsibility of handling a situation that requires a lot of thinking.
            Thinking is not my idea of fun.*
            I would rather do something that requires little thought than something that is sure to challenge my thinking abilities.*
            I try to anticipate and avoid situations where there is likely a chance I will have to think in depth about something.*
            I find satisfaction in deliberating hard and for long hours.
            I only think as hard as I have to.*
            I prefer to think about small, daily projects to long-term ones.*
            I like tasks that require little thought once I’ve learned them.*
            The idea of relying on thought to make my way to the top appeals to me.
            I really enjoy a task that involves coming up with new solutions to problems.
            Learning new ways to think doesn’t excite me very much.*
            I prefer my life to be filled with puzzles that I must solve.
            The notion of thinking abstractly is appealing to me.
            I would prefer a task that is intellectual, difficult, and important to one that is somewhat important but does not require much thought.
            I feel relief rather than satisfaction after completing a task that required a lot of mental effort.*
            It’s enough for me that something gets the job done; I don’t care how or why it works.*
            I usually end up deliberating about issues even when they do not affect me personally.
            69 I'm MF in disguise.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              A Gym for CUKKers

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I blame the EU. 'ooman rights, innit?

Comment

RMT has growing support

'Bob Crow Brigade' in Syria shows solidarity with UK rail strikers | Middle East Eye

Gotta be a joke ....

Comment

Oh goody a quiz - what type of Drunk are you?

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/art...ou--by5eGhCxvb

apparently I'm a Hemingway pretty much the same as when I'm sober.

Comment

I am Mary Poppins (Only weekends though)

'Practically perfect in every way', the Poppins drunk is someone who is already outgoing, who becomes more so when they've had a few.

Comment

Working...
                      X