• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster than Easyjet

Avis slammed for imposing £2 ‘Brexit tax’ even though we haven’t left the EU yet  | Daily Mail Online

Car rental firm Avis slammed for imposing £2 ‘Brexit tax’ even though we haven’t left the EU yet
    Lord John Krebs charged £2.19 by Avis in France due to 'leaving the EU'
    Oxford Professor found extra fee as he returned car to Marseilles airport
    Car firm admitted other drivers may have paid the additional tax
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I wonder if Avis staff argue with each other and have to get the pilot to kick them both of the plane? linky
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I wonder if Avis staff argue with each other and have to get the pilot to kick them both of the plane? linky
        Friend who works for a competitor certainly mentioned a lot of tension. Not a happy work environment.

Comment

A spokesman at Avis said the charge had been added when Sterling fell after the EU referendum.
          They admitted that other drivers could have been charged the fee.
          A firm spokesman later said the fee was a system error and it was a 'miscommunication' by staff to call it a Brexit tax.
          So there you are, it was to adjust for the pound being down against the Euro, and it was a system error.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Avis are on my "do not touch with a sh1tty stick list" after they charged me $650 for a late return penalty at LAX. The planned return date was Sept 12 2001. Anyone care to remember what happened the day before?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Avis are on my "do not touch with a sh1tty stick list" after they charged me $650 for a late return penalty at LAX. The planned return date was Sept 12 2001. Anyone care to remember what happened the day before?
              Erm... The soundtrack to Mariah Carey's movie "Glitter" hit the shelves?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Close, but not a winner this time.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Although the death rate was probably fairly close...

Comment

Gotta admire his cheek!

Driver demands compensation from showjumper after ogling her and crashing his car | Daily Mail Online

Driver demands compensation from bikini-clad showjumper, 40, after ogling her and crashing his car as she cycled past
                    Vicky Young was cycling in Leicestershire village in bikini top and a skirt
                    Driver mounted curb and clipped a post box with his wing mirror, she said
                    Wrote on Facebook he then demanded compensation from her parents
                    Claims he told her mother 'belt and bra' was not appropriate riding attire

Comment

40? In a bikini?

Need more photos to comment further.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X