• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Any relevant threads will be left alone. Any irrelevant threads will certainly be left alone for a while. If they generate interest, they'll also be left alone.
    Thankyou.

OK Guys if you like my threads tell me, if you don't then don't hold back.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Thankyou.

OK Guys if you like my threads tell me, if you don't then don't hold back.
      well start a new damn thread then!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        well start a new damn thread then!

sorry trying to do some work.

will do later

Comment

so one minute you say that no quality newspaper would report such things then when I produce 3 stories from a quality newspaper you contend that its invalid because the two milder reports are in the UK.

Make your mind up. Either they don't report such things or they do.
          My point was that decent national papers don't *generally* cover low key events from other countries, of course there are exceptions to the rule. The point stands that I wouldn't expect the BBC to cover such an event which was the original point.

Comment

You have suggested I hate Muslims because I posted a series of stories from reputable news sources about terrorism. Sorry if most of them in Europe involve Muslims.

Personally I'm worried that there will be an over reaction and any one that looks like a foreigner will be treated as a terrorist. Unfortunately its coming.
            To be fair from your posts that intent was not clear.
            If you genuinely are concerned about an over reaction then shouldn't you be taking a similar position to me where you don't want such small events to be published in national news outlets? Surely the more attention we give people like this the worse we make the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
              If you genuinely are concerned about an over reaction then shouldn't you be taking a similar position to me where you don't want such small events to be published in national news outlets? Surely the more attention we give people like this the worse we make the situation?
              But isn't that exactly what they want?

Bury the problem with those who do not have a voice?

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
                No you need the government to get in control & show they are in control then the public can go back to big brother etc.

Denying to the point its blatant is just stupid.

Comment

Here we go the Wail giveth and NAT taketh away

Retired Lancashire bus driver changes his name to Jesus Christ | Daily Mail Online

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty bus driver! Man changes his name to 'Jesus Christ' after realising he has 'healing powers' (but he still can't cure his own shingles)
                  Pensioner John Edward Birtwhistle, 77, changed his name to Jesus Christ
                  He realised he had 'healing powers' after helping a man with a sore neck
                  The retired bus driver remembers being the son of God 2,000 years ago
                  Both his driving licence & senior's travel card bear the name Jesus Christ
                  http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9969714852.jpg

maybe we should ask if he wants a login?
                  Last edited by vetran; 1 August 2016, 09:53.

Comment

Important chutney spoon news

It really is crackers to double dip a crisp | News | The Times & The Sunday Times

The game is up for double dippers: people who take a bite and then dip their saliva-covered crudités, crackers or crisps a second time when no one is looking really do spread germs.

The warning, just in time for the August barbecue season, finally adds scientific support to the outing of double dipping as a social crime in an episode of the Seinfeld comedy series.

Comment

A Gym for CUKKers

Long Eaton gym sparks outrage with 'irresponsible' bodyshaming ad campaign | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Working...
                      X