• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wife for our divorcees

The F1 widow Daphne McKinley and her handyman former lover | Daily Mail Online

Daphne first met Jason Powdrill, as he was before he changed his name by deed poll, in 2003 when her housekeeper employed him as a groundsman at Fayland House, the family’s 50-acre home in Buckinghamshire.

Daphne was going through an acrimonious divorce with Guy Edwards, who was awarded the Queen’s Gallantry Medal for pulling F1 legend Nikki Lauda out of his burning car in 1976.

Daphne and Guy, who met in 1980 before marrying in 1986 and having two children, were battling over his £18.7 million fortune.

Patrick’s role, as Gabriella understands it, was to be a handyman, but also to provide security for Daphne and her late son Sean, then a budding racing driver.

In February 2004, a judge awarded Daphne more than half of Guy’s fortune. She received a £5.25 million lump sum and assets including Fayland House and a property in Monaco, making a total value of £9.4 million.
    2008 the physical relationship fizzled out, says Gabriella. But despite the abuse recorded in the judgment, Daphne kept Patrick in her life by allowing him to rent her daughter’s flat in Chelsea.

Things turned truly nasty when Daphne gave Patrick notice to vacate the property in 2010. When he refused, she took him to court. Patrick issued a counter-claim arguing he and Daphne had cohabited at the flat and he was entitled to stay.

He also cited the law of ‘constructive trust’, which enables people to sue an ex-partner for a share of their wealth even though they were never married.

I have never met and I hope never to meet again anyone like Jason Patrick. It’s sad to see a man reduced to that. He should concentrate on getting a job and getting on with his life rather than being a b*****d to women.

He initially argued he was entitled to £7 million, which he saw as his share of the profits on three of Daphne’s properties, including Fayland House, after promises she had made.
    Pot meet Kettle???

I think they deserve each other. What'ss the betting he gets notihing?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TL;DR;

Based on it being in the Daily Fail, my view is......WGAS?

Comment

While I think she deserves it, I hope there isn't any precident for being able to take half of someone's tulip without being married.

Cos I ain't ever getting married for this exact reason.

Marriage is just designed to stop the guy from leaving if things go tits up without losing half his tulip, and to let the woman leave whenever she feels like it and take half his tulip. There are no advantages. So screw that.
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
          Marriage is just designed to stop the guy from leaving if things go tits up without losing half his tulip, and to let the woman leave whenever she feels like it and take ALL his tulip.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
            While I think she deserves it, I hope there isn't any precident for being able to take half of someone's tulip without being married.

What are the money rights of unmarried couples who break up? | This is Money

If it's only owned by one of the couple, an investigation has to be made as to whether the other has an interest because they have contributed to its purchase, mortgage repayments or repair and improvement.

If there has been no such contribution, what the parties said to each other or led the other to believe by their conduct may be important and what they intended has to be considered.
            https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...-on-separation

If you’re dividing items you’ve bought while you’ve been together and you can’t agree who should get what, it’s useful to know what the law says. In general terms:

The person who bought the item owns it
            If you bought something between you, you own it between you. If one of you paid more towards it than the other, it would be assumed you’d divide it like that (which would mean – in practice – that one would buy the other out)
            If you have been given something as a present, you’re able to keep it

so his comments about her giving him an interest in the properties she purchased with her ex husbands money are probably the reason his Solicitor thinks he will win. The judge has accused him of being a fantasist, can you imagine him saying that about a female cohabitee?

Comment

She could have been a keeper

Bodyshockers' Lewis Flint regrets his Henry The Hoover tattoo on his crotch | Daily Mail Online

A barman has admitted he is stuck with a tattoo of Henry The Hoover on his crotch as he can't face painful laser surgery to remove it.

Lewis Flint, 21, from Grimsby, was 16 - under the legal age to have a tattoo - when he had the body art of the red vacuum cleaner inked below his waistline, with a black lead stretching around his hip to a plug and socket on his bottom.

He said he was delighted with the comical design at first but five years on, it is hindering his ability to have a relationship.

His mother, Rachel, said she's not surprised women are finding his tattoo a turn off.

'I completely understand why the poor girl ran away and she could have been a keeper,' she told him.

She added: 'I can't believe he has had the tattoo, it must be off putting for a lot of girls. You can't take him seriously as it is ridiculous.'
              http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2520730220.jpg

well made me laugh

Comment

Maybe his first boy friend was called Henry and after a break up he thought this would be a clever cover up
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No girl is that much of a sucker.

Comment

I'm sure if quits his job and he gets himself on JSA, he can have it removed at our expense.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

To be fair reading the article if he meets girls who say 'What's that' when it's very clearly a Henry Hoover he needs to find some more intelligent women.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X