• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you supporting Air strikes against "IS" in Syria ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Military intervention" is a pretty wide ranging thing. Who you're targeting, how you do it, what your motivations are and your prior relationships and history all play a huge part as your linked article claims.

But more generally, taking a soundbite out of a speech can very easily be twisted and I fear that's the nor these days. Don't bother to see what the context was or anything, just scour the transcript for a phrase which you can parrot.

As a trite example if I say "It's not true that I hate gay people" you could quote that as:

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    ...I hate gay people
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

On a serious note the strikes on IS-controlled airfields are discussed as trying to cut off IS revenue sources. I hadn't considered this before but it begs the question who are they selling the oil too? Why is anyone buying it from them?

Comment

who are they selling the oil too?
        Turkey according to Putin.

Vladimir Putin: Turkey's Leaders Are 'Stuffing Pockets' With ISIS Oil Cash - NBC News

He may not be wrong.

PS Or more exactly Erdogan and his family. That b* is taking Turkey backwards.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Isn't this something that is a)quite important to find out b)not that difficult? I have no concept of what an oil field looks like but you'd think with the surveillance and intelligence forces around the globe, this should be an achievable priority without having to blow up the oilfield.

Comment

I hadn't considered this before but it begs the question who are they selling the oil too? Why is anyone buying it from them?
            Assad buys it. He has got lots of Soviet tanks/APCs - all consume a lot of fuel and he got nowhere else to get it from.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Turkey according to Putin.

Vladimir Putin: Turkey's Leaders Are 'Stuffing Pockets' With ISIS Oil Cash - NBC News

He may not be wrong.

PS Or more exactly Erdogan and his family. That b* is taking Turkey backwards.
              Putin is a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Putin is a liar.
                And a plagiarist.

Comment

Quite surprised no-one's posted this yet:

tulip, isn't it?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Putin is a liar.
                    And a plagiarist.

Comment

Isn't this something that is a)quite important to find out b)not that difficult? I have no concept of what an oil field looks like but you'd think with the surveillance and intelligence forces around the globe, this should be an achievable priority without having to blow up the oilfield.
                      Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Eyes Measures to Close Turkish-Syrian Border; Says Closure Will Curb Terrorists in Syria; Notes Hollande Told Obama Border Question Is Key to Stopping Flow of Militants and Jihadi Financing; Jarablus Corridor Now at Ce

Comment

Working...
                      X