• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go Team Scroatman!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Team Scroatman!

I've just entered the London Marathon!

(well, I've applied to run for Save The Black Rhino and I'll be donning a plastic rhino costume on the day)

First of all - has anyone ever run in a heavy costume before and if so, how did you train because I won't actually get my hands on the cozzy until the week before the event?

Secondly, fear not I won't be asking for donations (though I'm sure you'll all be raring to dip into your wallets/purses).

I'll actually go one better than that - I'll pay on your behalf. Yes, that's right, for every bit of +ve rep I get from a CUK poster I'll donate a tenner to the cause. Don't bother writing any witty comment, any old bollocks will do, so get clicking & let's save the black rhino from extinction!

Good!

I hope you'll spend more time training for it than posting on here...

Comment

Last year on my triple IM I did most of my run(walk) laps with someone who was doing a quin(5 marathons - after 12 mile swim and 560 mile cycle). He does loads of marathons in a costume. At smaller marathons, very few do so he gets loads of donations for MS research!

He reckoned doing it in a costume was fine with practice.

I would love to hear what Minestrone reckons - but remember he has done MDS so a marathon in costume is baby stuff.

Clearly hydration is important - especially if a hot day. On a rainy day certain costumes will get wet and heavy.

+ve rep given!

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        On a rainy day Gimp costumes tend to get wet, both, inside and out and rather heavy.
        +1 Positive rep
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Good!

I hope you'll spend more time training for it than posting on here...
          Before starting training it is good to get some advice.

Giving up booze helps! Not that it ever held Minestrone back.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post

(well, I've applied to run for Save The Black Rhino and I'll be donning a plastic rhino costume on the day)

First of all - has anyone ever run in a heavy costume before and if so, how did you train because I won't actually get my hands on the cozzy until the week before the event?

Secondly, fear not I won't be asking for donations (though I'm sure you'll all be raring to dip into your wallets/purses).

I'll actually go one better than that - I'll pay on your behalf. Yes, that's right, for every bit of +ve rep I get from a CUK poster I'll donate a tenner to the cause. Don't bother writing any witty comment, any old bollocks will do, so get clicking & let's save the black rhino from extinction!
            Oh dear

Comment

I once entered a Marathon. Got peanuts all over my coc..(this joke no longer works since they were renamed "Snickers")

I'll donate.

Currently around 4,000 black rhino left in the wild and they are being killed at around 1,000 per year.

I was lucky to see two mothers and their calves in the wild a few weeks ago.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Bravo - assuming this isn't some sort of wind-up!

You could simply train in an overcoat?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Scroaty, Scroaty, Scroaty
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Scrotum Scrotum Scrotum

Comment

Working...
                    X