• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Christmas Party 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    He wanted us to pre-order food. I said no. Then he wanted numbers - would a table be good enough? I said I had no idea - last year we had 20. I offered to relocate to the club room, but it's being used for furniture storage. I said we didn't want to share - but I guess if no-one turns up, we may have to allow others to migrate into our room.

Min spend is £300 - which we should be fine for - I've paid £100 deposit.

But would be good to get 15-20 - we had 20 last year, so I was perhaps overly optimistic! I also remember the year we had four...
    Well, £300 at City prices is like £4.75 anywhere else, so we should be fine

I'll do my best to get us up to the magic number, with ridiculously overpriced single malts if necessary

Comment

He wanted us to pre-order food. I said no. Then he wanted numbers - would a table be good enough? I said I had no idea - last year we had 20. I offered to relocate to the club room, but it's being used for furniture storage. I said we didn't want to share - but I guess if no-one turns up, we may have to allow others to migrate into our room.

Min spend is £300 - which we should be fine for - I've paid £100 deposit.

But would be good to get 15-20 - we had 20 last year, so I was perhaps overly optimistic! I also remember the year we had four...
      All you need is MF to join you to make the food bill go over £500

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        All you need is MF to join you to make the food bill go over £500
        He's so FAT he's got a 4Gb file size limit. (c) pondy

Comment

In order to avoid the annual ritual of wandering the streets after we get refused admittance to the Heron Tower, does anyone have a recommendation for a late pub in the vicinity?

Comment

In order to avoid the annual ritual of wandering the streets after we get refused admittance to the Heron Tower, does anyone have a recommendation for a late pub in the vicinity?
            I think it was two years ago that we ended up in The Woodins Shades after getting knocked back from the Heron Tower for the umpteenth year in succession.

Google says it's open until 1am, the brewery website says 12:30am, but either way it's probably better than most other options round there for a disparate band of tipsy wanderers

It's only a few minutes walk round the corner from TCH, and very handy for Liverpool Street, for those aiming to get the last Tube to somewhere.

EDIT: and, of course, not a massive walk back to the Premier Inn

Comment

Well MrsB and I will both be there. So that's at least four of us. £75 a head?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Wait you pay your wife 75quid for head??

Oh no read that wrong ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  If we all have pies on the hour, every hour, it'll soon add up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If we all have pies on the hour, every hour, it'll soon add up
                    Thats gonna bankrupt you if MF and FLC turn up.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 8 December 2015, 23:05.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Thats gonna bankrupt you if MF and FLC turn up.
                      Why don't you come along? Book yerself a hotel and come and meet your softie southern compatriots.

Comment

Working...
                      X