• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courtg9000
    replied
    Currently have a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch - excellent bit of kit

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Tag are for boy racers
    Tag is a school game.

Although I got my wife one for her 50th a few years ago...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Tag are for boy racers

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Although I've got a nice looking TAG 6000 that I bought in the late 90s, I stopped wearing it about 7-8 years ago. Now I just use my phone to tell the time.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If it's multi-function you wanted, you should've asked for a Swiss army knife.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sure, basically like an eternity ring then.

A multi-function one. Not only is it "symbolic", it's also a "memento of a birthday" and it tells the time.

An Eternity ring only manages one of those!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sure, basically like an eternity ring then.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That cost more than a car? Yes. And those are symbolic of a life-long binding committment (supposedly) not a memento.

Depends on the value of your car.
    Vet was the one mentioning watches "worth more than many people's cars"

And yes, a good watch at 20 years old will be worth more than most 20 year old cars, and is more likely to still be functioning properly.

As for the wedding ring analogy, the watch my wife was going to buy me would cost roughly the same as her engagement ring. The fact that it would have been given to me on the 10th anniversary of us getting engaged would show that it is part of a re-affirmation of a life-long commitment to each other.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    For some people it's not about bragging it's about having a significant and long-lasting present for a big birthday.

A watch that outlasts several cars is a memento of a special day.

Do you also disagree with wedding rings and engagement rings using your same logic?
    That cost more than a car? Yes. And those are symbolic of a life-long binding committment (supposedly) not a memento.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Not into posh watches. Having a watch worth more than many people's cars seems a bit like bragging.
    For some people it's not about bragging it's about having a significant and long-lasting present for a big birthday.

A watch that outlasts several cars is a memento of a special day.

Do you also disagree with wedding rings and engagement rings using your same logic?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X