• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NigelJK
    replied
    I tried 'Automatic' watches in the past and I don't move my wrist enough to keep them 'charged'. I'm guessing the quality watches have a finely engineered automatic device which requires less movement?

U have had multiple eco-drives since they first came out. I still have three, one of which is 10+ years old, which all still work.

Trying a Pulsar Solar currently, which appears to be as good as the Citizens, with a mineral face for 1/2 the price.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    ...I keep catching it on door frames.
    I did this as well when I upgraded to the Seamaster. The automatic movement makes it so much thicker than the Tag... no real damage yet though.
    Last edited by wattaj; 2 September 2020, 11:26. Reason: Speillng.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I had a citizen eco drive that was really good, but not what you’d call quality (was good for an every day watch)
    I bought one of these a few years ago. Really nice watch and using it as a trial to see if I could look after it and then upgrade to a top brand. I'm about to replace to the glass for the third time and discovered I can't be trusted with an expensive watch as I keep catching it on door frames. I was tempted by the Samsung 3.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've not actually worn a watch since lockdown started.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    ah, so you're into necrophyllia.
    that explains a lot.
    Do socks die?

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Your mum is as thoughtful a present giver as she is a lover.
    ah, so you're into necrophyllia.
    that explains a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by jainnode View Post
    a plastic bracelet saying 'do not resuscitate' .
    Your mum is as thoughtful a present giver as she is a lover.

Leave a comment:

• jainnode
    replied
    a plastic bracelet saying 'do not resuscitate' .

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I never see the point of counting steps, A walk for X miles is exactly that ie distance.
    Sure, and a car free-wheeling down a hill for 1 mile is doing 99mpg.

Context is everything. A walk of x miles on a flat, hard surface at a rate of 15 mins per mile will not be the same level of exercise as the same distance, same rate but climbing a muddy hill.

The watches are not marketed as trekking watches, but as exercise ones. Tracking your heart rate, stress, distance, elevation, and if you are out for a walk and need to get back to where you started, they’ll show you that too.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Garmin 5 Plus Sapphire for me.

It's a touch over 2 years old now and the battery life is starting to fall, so might replace soon.
    "Up to 24hs battery life in GPS mode." That's an ideal watch for trekking providing you say overnight in a hotel and charge it. Having a separate GPS and Altimeter is cheaper and more reliable if trekking. I never see the point of counting steps, A walk for X miles is exactly that ie distance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X