• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coincidence this thread popped up. I won a Rolex GMT Master II in an online raffle yesterday. I'm. Over the ******* moon. Still giddy about it. Just got to work out what to do with it now.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      “Big” birthday next and I’ve come to the sad decision that my vintage omega is no longer reliable enough to wear, I don’t wear a watch everyday so it’s only an occasion wear.

Toying with keeping with Omega or moving to a Breitling, not a fan of steel bands so am toying between these two.

Not a bloody clue what to pick there. I've looked at this like 10 times. Thinking of thr Breitling because of the blue face. I'd want a bitnof colour in my watch. Apart from that? Dunno. Tough one but two absolutely belting watches. I'm sure you'll love either.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've got 2 watches:

- Rolex Datejust II
        - Garmin Forerunner 735XT

Comment

I think that you might regret the Nato strap. Cloth and skin oil is not a happy combination. Nice watch though.

I tend toward steel bracelets (Tag F1 Series 1 circa 1990'ish, Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Gen 1) for everyday and leather strap (Breitling TopTime Panda circa 1967) for dress wear.

Happy shopping.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Still got my old faithful.

Last edited by Old Greg; 27 August 2020, 08:44.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Still giddy about it. Just got to work out what to do with it now.

Sell it for a MASSIVE profit on the second-hand market.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Coincidence this thread popped up. I won a Rolex GMT Master II in an online raffle yesterday. I'm. Over the ******* moon. Still giddy about it. Just got to work out what to do with it now.
                If it was a batman or pepsi one, I'd give your accountant £100 for it, in non-sequential used one pound notes.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Simon...
                  https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2737692

The Bremont is quite nice.

In the end, due to lockdown, I've still not got one.

I quite like this:

Which you can get with a fabric strap:
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Remove the label on the back that says "Made in PRC".
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not a bloody clue what to pick there. I've looked at this like 10 times. Thinking of thr Breitling because of the blue face. I'd want a bitnof colour in my watch. Apart from that? Dunno. Tough one but two absolutely belting watches. I'm sure you'll love either.
                      These are totally different types of watches, the colour should not be that important. How about reading up on the technical construction of each watch.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X