• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's on your wrist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on your wrist?

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    we know you lost it in NLYUK's magic box
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Nothing on my wrist.
      Does that mean you no longer need to wear the splint from too much self love?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Does that mean you no longer need to wear the splint from too much self love?
        That's all handled by a Portuguese VR firm now, paid for in Euro, he doesn't even need to get his hands dirty
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I rotate.

I normally wear either:

Timefactors Smiths Everest Automatic (25th wedding anniversary present from my wife)
          Christopher Ward Trident 600 Automatic (birthday present to myself)

but sometimes wear:

Longines Presence 9ct quartz (21st birthday present from my wife)
          Camy mechanical swiss (my grandads)

I originally bought myself a Timefactors Smiths Radio Room as well but my wife had it, so I bought myself the Chris Ward as a replacement.

Comment

Scratched old Casio I've had for umpteen years. Matches the rest of me.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

“Big” birthday next and I’ve come to the sad decision that my vintage omega is no longer reliable enough to wear, I don’t wear a watch everyday so it’s only an occasion wear.

Toying with keeping with Omega or moving to a Breitling, not a fan of steel bands so am toying between these two.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

What's on your wrist?

The Omega is hitting 70, was given to my grandfather on his wedding day.

Last time it went back to Switzerland for a service (five years ago) they struggled to find replacement parts, or people with the knowledge to work on older watches which is why it took 9 months to get back to me
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  The Omega is hitting 70, was given to my grandfather on his wedding day.

Last time it went back to Switzerland for a service (five years ago) they struggled to find replacement parts, or people with the knowledge to work on older watches which is why it took 9 months to get back to me
                  I had mine serviced for a fixed price of £180 ( 50 yo caliber 321) with no problems; they fitted a ne main spring, new winder and new glass. Time is not too bad +/- 5 seconds per day, but when new it was about +/- 2 seconds a month.

Parts should still be available, you need to find a good watchmaker.

Advice for new watch.
                  There is no point in paying a lot of money for any make of watch that has a quartz movement or does not have divisions of less the one second. Watches that do only one second division have a cheap movement.

Omega is now owned by Swatch. Some Omega watches are overpriced and tacky.

Oris make very good automatic movements and are not pretentious.
                  As an Omega fan I must say the the Brietling knocks the spots off the new Omegas.

An interesting second watch for swimming and diving is the Vostok Amphibia (about £60+) have a google and read about its history.
                  Last edited by Paddy; 26 August 2020, 20:40.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'd go with the Omega, my brother got a breitling with a load of complications and didn't take long before they started going pop.

Comment

There's another thread where I was looking at watches, but I prefer bracelet to fabric. My preference would be the Omega.

Try:
                      IconicWatches.co.uk
                      Chronohunter.co.uk
                      Chrono24.co.uk
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X