• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WHS

Give me a Raleigh Grifter any day.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Saw one going through Belgravia at the weekend, some gold plated Lamborghini os somesuch with a number plate that I'm quite surprised hasn't got his windows done: F1 IRAK
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Saw one going through Belgravia at the weekend, some gold plated Lamborghini os somesuch with a number plate that I'm quite surprised hasn't got his windows done: F1 IRAK
        That would be this one.

Chrome Gold Ferrari 458 Spider | Exotic Street Stars

The reason he still has his winsdows is that he's a 5 times world champion Kickboxer.

Last edited by DaveB; 4 August 2015, 15:33.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Video: Cyclist knocked into path of oncoming taxi by car door - Telegraph

This happens about once every 3 months to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            And no they can't take the gels with them.
            Why not? I ride most weekends and always take the empty gel wrappers home to dispose of them properly.

This is a sportive, the cycling equivalent of a fun run. There's no excuse for causing this much mess.
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Sounds like they need somewhere for the empties then

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
              Why not? I ride most weekends and always take the empty gel wrappers home to dispose of them properly.

This is a sportive, the cycling equivalent of a fun run. There's no excuse for causing this much mess.

Comment

Nearly had a heart attack walking across the car park in front of BTM this morning.

An high pitched shriek right behind me made me think I was getting dive bombed by a kamikaze seagull.

It was a cyclist with a whistle.

The latest thing apparently . Apparently bells aren't loud enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  Nearly had a heart attack walking across the car park in front of BTM this morning.

An high pitched shriek right behind me made me think I was getting dive bombed by a kamikaze seagull.

It was a cyclist with a whistle.

The latest thing apparently . Apparently bells aren't loud enough.

You should see the ones riding on country lanes with flashing lights on their bikes which don't point near the road and then lights on their helmets, so if you're driving towards them you get blinded.
                  Not their fault though, they have no responsibility and no need to ride with due care and attention or consideration for other road users.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You mean like a car who doesn't dip their headlights, only much less so?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      You mean like a car who doesn't dip their headlights, only much less so?

Except a car will normally dip its lights, and it's very few cars that don't dip their lights, but a cyclist when riding has no way of dipping their lights, so it's a deliberate attempt to cause other road users to have an accident.

Might not be as noticeable in areas with street lights/background lighting.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X