• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You should see the ones riding on country lanes with flashing lights on their bikes which don't point near the road and then lights on their helmets, so if you're driving towards them you get blinded.
    Not their fault though, they have no responsibility and no need to ride with due care and attention or consideration for other road users.
    You can't really blame them. There aren't many pavements for them to ride on in the countryside.

Comment

A good cyclist is a .......

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        A good cyclist is .......

..as rare as unicorn tulip?

Comment

For the most part, if someone has commuted on a bike on major roads for any length of time they'll invariably be/have become a "Militant Cyclist" Unless you're a Tibetan Monk it's impossible not to be.

I once did a gig where there was a fine example, nobody really said much about or to him but you could tell things were always just below the boil. Until one such day when during a discussion he uttered this immortal line, in defence of why he cycles straight through red lights.. "Cyclist? I see myself more as a pedestrian.."

The hitherto polite 'keep your head down and mouth shut' devs all reacted with a very obvious vocal disgust and indignation to this guy, but he was adament. In the end the Team Lead had to step in to shut everyone up with a "That's enough.. I said THAT'S ENOUGH", the like of which I'd not witnessed since High School.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
            Nearly had a heart attack walking across the car park in front of BTM this morning.

An high pitched shriek right behind me made me think I was getting dive bombed by a kamikaze seagull.

It was a cyclist with a whistle.

The latest thing apparently . Apparently bells aren't loud enough.
            Whistle will not help car drivers see cyclists.

I got hit by a van last Sunday. Most unpleasant. But about par.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              For the most part, if someone has commuted on a bike on major roads for any length of time they'll invariably be/have become a "Militant Cyclist" Unless you're a Tibetan Monk it's impossible not to be.
              The longer I cycle go on the more calm I get. I get used to being nearly killed on a daily basis. About a year ago I asked a driver who nearly killed me why. He had not seen me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Whistle will not help car drivers see cyclists.

I got hit by a van last Sunday. Most unpleasant. But about par.
                I think they're used on cycle paths and pavements to clear pedestrians out the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                  I think they're used on cycle paths and pavements to clear pedestrians out the way.
                  indeed if pedestrians get in the way I just show them my big horn that seems to shift them!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Cycle about 4 miles a day,

Been "doored" once and taken out at a roundabout within 4 weeks.

The joys..

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
                      Cycle about 4 miles a day,

Been "doored" once and taken out at a roundabout within 4 weeks.

The joys..
                      You think you deserved it?

Comment

Working...
                      X