• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% of London cyclists give the rest a bad name, no doubt about it. Either away with the fairies on a boris bike or acting like their in Le Tour trying to beat everything else home.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Unfortunately I have.

I also drive in London and occasionally across it.
      Pedestrians don't care. They are enemy number one for me when I cycle.

Car drivers don't see me. Which is often good as when they do they try to run me down.

Taxi drivers are superb. So are bus drivers.

HGV have so little visibility. But why do they only kill women? I am perplexed. Usually it is men who are reckless.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        90% of London cyclists give the rest a bad name, no doubt about it. Either away with the fairies on a boris bike or acting like their in Le Tour trying to beat everything else home.
        Roads in London are clogged for cars. It is quicker by bike. Car drivers are jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          And no they can't take the gels with them.
          It wasn't the Tour de France its a ride not a race.

One assumes they brought the Gels with them so they can take them home.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Roads in London are clogged for cars. It is quicker by bike. Car drivers are jealous.
            I tend not to drive in central London unless I have to. It's the cyclists from a pedestrians point of view. As big a p.i.t.a. as tourists.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I tend not to drive in central London unless I have to. It's the cyclists from a pedestrians point of view. As big a p.i.t.a. as tourists.
              I feel the same about pedestrians. They just jump in front of bikes assuming they will stop. Or without looking. When it is the cyclists right of way.

If a bike hits a pedestrian the cyclist will get hurt.

Comment

I feel the same about pedestrians. They just jump in front of bikes assuming they will stop. Or without looking. When it is the cyclists right of way.

If a bike hits a pedestrian the cyclist will get hurt.
                Have you ever ridden on Canary Wharf? Different breed on there.

Comment

When I was at school everyone who cycled had to do the Cycle Proficiency Test (I even still have my badge and certificate somewhere.) Do schoolkids still have to do this: Home - Bikeability and maybe more adults should...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Have you ever ridden on Canary Wharf? Different breed on there.
                    Not on the tower! But I currently work at the wharf and commute by bike every day. I have worked in the city and Belgravia before and cycled to/from home to those.

I still have to get through Greenwich/Blackheath/Lee/A20 and that is dangerous.

Comment

WHS

Comment

Working...
                      X