• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it, no more Top Gear for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So you think it is correct to make some one work a 16 hour day and when they come looking for a bit of sustenance you can chuck them a few cold cuts with a smug grin and expect them to humbly accept it?

I do not understand why people think within the context of 'work' they can treat people like absolute sh!t and then all will be forgotten when they walk out of the door.

That is a typically sh!t hipster attitude called justifying your actions by hiding behind authority.
    I don't think it is acceptable to punch someone. Do you? Oh, sorry, you think that is perfectly OK.

Your attitude of "oh but poor him he had to work" is a typical sh!t hipster attitude to justify someone's actions by hiding behind celebrity.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Even IF someone is forced to work long hours and given crappy food, it's STILL not OK to punch someone. Learn some impulse control and act like an adult.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So you think it is correct to make some one work a 16 hour day and when they come looking for a bit of sustenance you can chuck them a few cold cuts with a smug grin and expect them to humbly accept it?
        Racist abuse and unprovoked assault on a colleague is always indefensible; gross misconduct in most professions, and usually leads to dismissal, rightly so.

Remember Clarkson was in the last chance saloon, due to previous examples of offensive and borderline racist behaviour. Not unusual in that personality type, the inner bully is often not far below the surface.

It is not just because of his celebration of everything brash and flash that Jeremy Clarkson has become the boy racer’s hero. He articulates, with a certain wit and with less equivocation than any other writer in this country, the doctrine that he should be permitted to swing his fist, whoever’s nose is in the way.
        The Anti-Social Bastards in Our Midst | George Monbiot

Strangely prescient.
        Last edited by pjclarke; 7 January 2016, 11:15.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
          Racist abuse
          AFAIA, he didn't actually abuse anyone, just made a couple of remarks that could be considered unsensitive given the current climate.

Comment

I do not understand why people think within the context of 'work' they can treat people like absolute sh!t and then all will be forgotten when they walk out of the door.

That is a typically sh!t hipster attitude called justifying your actions by hiding behind authority.
            Which guy are we actually talking about here, Clarkson or the guy he punched
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              My God, all that article proves is that George Monbiot has no sense of humour

Comment

Clarksons a bully, he knew the other bloke wouldn't dare retaliate. I remember watching HIGNFY recently when Richard Osmond (from Pointless) destroyed him, hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  The poor man, having to eat cold food. I'm fairly sure he could have found a restaurant in the evening.
                  He was in Hawes, IIRC. No food to be had for likely 50 miles in any direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                    My God, all that article proves is that George Monbiot has no sense of humour
                    JC not to be taken seriously then? Sounds about right.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      He was in Hawes, IIRC. No food to be had for likely 50 miles in any direction.
                      Banjo country?
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X