• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government to employ mind readers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government to employ mind readers

Because it is anticipated that many people will not bother to vote in the EU referendum the "stay in brigade" claim that the non voters support the status quo only they cannot be bothered to go and say so at the polls. Quite where the Europhiles have acquired their mind reading skills from beats me. Presumably the EU institutions like jehovahs witnesses, ISIL and the rest of the worlds religious nutters have the blessing of god.
    I am going to petition the government to select a team of impartial "mind readers" so that we can truly understand what people really want.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

The CIA tried it out.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Mind reading is easy.

It's the walking through walls that's a bit problematic.
      can't you use those "sticky out" claws to scratch the walls down?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The current way is:
        "Do you want to stay in Europe".
        1. No
        2. Yes
        3. I don't know and/or don't care, but I'm happy to go along with the majority from those who do have an opinion.

The new way would be:
        Two options.
        1. No
        2. Yes/don't care/don't know.

I think the current way is more democratically accountable.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Mind reading is easy.

It's the walking through walls that's a bit problematic.
          Only for muggles and aliens.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Because it is anticipated that many people will not bother to vote in the EU referendum the "stay in brigade" claim that the non voters support the status quo only they cannot be bothered to go and say so at the polls. Quite where the Europhiles have acquired their mind reading skills from beats me.
            You don't find it rather obvious that the apathetic implicitly support keeping the status quo ?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They should make it so the result is binding only on a turnout of 50% or more, if a majority of those voting vote in favour and 40% of everyone entitled to vote also votes in favour.

Or they could remove that proposal from union strike ballots.

Or they could be hypocrites.
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You don't find it rather obvious that the apathetic implicitly support keeping the status quo ?
                Either that or they just can't be bothered to actually:

1) Have an opinion either way - or -
                2) Take 10 minutes out of their -ohsoimportant- life to do something as complicated as putting a X in a box (this one particularly gets my goat!)
                Any opinion expressed here is just that - an opinion. It is my own view - unless I have (shamelessly) stolen someone your opinion in which case, I'm sorry (that you found out!)

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

No. I find it obvious that they do not give a sh*t either way.

Comment

I can see how some might believe that.

I assume if I shag Mrs D and you don't object at the prescribed time then you want me to shag her?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X