• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I can't describe how much I loath people like you. You are not contributing anything, if you want someone to change their spelling PM them, but don't post a public comment. I know there are others out there that will agree with your pedantic, mithering, prostate examination of a comment, probably including NLUK (who once corrected my spelling) but I don't care, get a ******* life, do something else.
    you know it was to wind up NLUK?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      you know it was to wind up NLUK?
      I feel bad now. I've crossed your name off my list.

Comment

I can't describe how much I loath people like you. You are not contributing anything, if you want someone to change their spelling PM them, but don't post a public comment. I know there are others out there that will agree with your pedantic, mithering, prostate examination of a comment, probably including NLUK (who once corrected my spelling) but I don't care, get a ******* life, do something else.
        Loathe, not loath. Loath is the adjective.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          Loathe, not loath. Loath is the adjective.
          If i had a list for being boring and predictable you would be on it.

Comment

If i had a list for being boring and predictable you would be on it.
            Capitilise that i.

Predictable response, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              Capitilise that i.

Predictable response, I know.
              **** you and your capital i.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Disagree.

When people have degenerative conditions dying while they still have some degree of dignity is the best.
                He hadn't even stopped writing, had he? I know he was writing as recently as last year. They weren't the same at all but then even without illness it's 20 years or more since the 'classics' were written and styles change.

I don't really know how this disease kills you, especially when you're still quite lucid. Anyone?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  He hadn't even stopped writing, had he? I know he was writing as recently as last year. They weren't the same at all but then even without illness it's 20 years or more since the 'classics' were written and styles change.

I don't really know how this disease kills you, especially when you're still quite lucid. Anyone?
                  I doesnt while you are still reasonably with it. Eventually it gets to the point that you just stop. You brain function drops so far that eventually basic stuff like breathing stops. In the later stages you also become prone to other issues like blood clots due to lack of movement, malnourishment due to inability to eat etc etc.

There were no real details given on his condition recently so it's hard to say how bad a state he was in. It is worth noting though that he was a strong proponent of the right to die and had very definate ideas about how he wanted to go.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I found this - a smashing way to see his Discworld books.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      I doesnt while you are still reasonably with it. Eventually it gets to the point that you just stop. You brain function drops so far that eventually basic stuff like breathing stops. In the later stages you also become prone to other issues like blood clots due to lack of movement, malnourishment due to inability to eat etc etc.

There were no real details given on his condition recently so it's hard to say how bad a state he was in. It is worth noting though that he was a strong proponent of the right to die and had very definate ideas about how he wanted to go.
                      In 2012 he presented a lecture "Shaking Hands with Death", about assisted death. It was read by Tony Robinson, I guess that he was unable to read by then.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X