• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind bringing back the knob Clarkson, this is a petition worth signing.

https://www.change.org/p/death-bring...erry-pratchett
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Never mind bringing back the knob Clarkson, this is a petition worth signing.

https://www.change.org/p/death-bring...erry-pratchett
      Love the comment on there, "Death: are you sure you're ready to meet your maker?"

Comment

Very sad, an author in the vein of other great British authors such as Tom Sharpe who have ability to make you think yet still laugh out loud. I remember him embracing the Internet some years ago vie Usenet and the alt.fan.pratchett group. He'll be sorely missed but has left a great legacy.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not read anything by him but he seems like he was a genuinely lovely person. Although I do intend to read the Discworld novels at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
            Not read anything by him but he seems like he was a genuinely lovely person. Although I do intend to read the Discworld novels at some point.
            Me neither, but always meant to.

Any recommendations on where to start?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I found this - a smashing way to see his Discworld books.

Mudskipper, start with the Rincewind books, the Colour of Magic was the first of his Discworld ones.

They do have a rough timeline as per the graphic, but don't get too bothered by that. You don't have to have read the previous ones to enjoy the others, most are free standing stories but using a common world and some shared characters.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                Mudskipper, start with the Rincewind books, the Colour of Magic was the first of his Discworld ones.

They do have a rough timeline as per the graphic, but don't get too bothered by that. You don't have to have read the previous ones to enjoy the others, most are free standing stories but using a common world and some shared characters.
                Ta, will download now

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Me neither, but always meant to.

Any recommendations on where to start?
                  Guess we know now.

Comment

I tried to read one of the disc world books many years ago, just couldn't get into it. Might have to give it another go on holidays this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                      I tried to read one of the disc world books many years ago, just couldn't get into it. Might have to give it another go on holidays this year.
                      Which one was it? There are one or two that I won't read that often.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X