• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whinging dear wife

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You probably need to discuss the options, and try to come to agree on the right balance between income and time together.

If on her side there is no question of balance, you may be in trouble. In my case this was so, and any attempt to point out the trade-off simply led to an accusation that it was my fault for not having a normal career, where I could expect to earn well while working close to home.

She couldn't choose between my income and my presence, and in the end has neither.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
      I've never said it's his wife fault. All I am saying is that they both need to question exactly what they want. Some people want a certain STANDARD of life and some want a certain QUALITY of life. I've come to see that the 2 are not always the same, that's why it's important for them to communicate and determine if they want the same things.
      The time to discuss what they want from life is before they got married. The solution is to communicate and work things out, not go "oh well, we'd better split up".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Have "Angry sex" to sort it out?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          The time to discuss what they want from life is before they got married. The solution is to communicate and work things out, not go "oh well, we'd better split up".
          Quite so. I didn't mean to imply that you would split up over it; but it will be a continuing source of stress if you don't resolve it.

Personally I dearly wish that I had taken the lower-stress, better-life, lower-income more often.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Quite so. I didn't mean to imply that you would split up over it; but it will be a continuing source of stress if you don't resolve it.

Personally I dearly wish that I had taken the lower-stress, better-life, lower-income more often.
            Personally I find the no-stress, no 360 reviews, no politics world of contracting far more pleasant than being a permie...

And the money is better too...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Personally I find the no-stress, no 360 reviews, no politics world of contracting far more pleasant than being a permie...

And the money is better too...
              WES +1

MrsB moans like mad when I get a contract that means working away, but once we get into the routine it works out pretty well. Coming off the back of the best part of a year working from home almost exclusivly I think we are both glad of the break with the new gig
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Who wears the trousers in your house?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X