• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whinging dear wife

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mankyspanky View Post
    Does my chunk in sometimes. Constantly giving me a hard time if I'm stuck in the office....

Told her time and time again, doesn't bother me.
    Clearly it does.

I'll can the contracting and get an easy permie job close to home. Silence then when the thought of not spending so much money.
    Some people would prefer more family time for less money. Depending on your personality, your family may well prefer more money and never to see you.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      I can hear a lot of experience here ....
      If I told you, you'd never believe me.

But since when has that stopped anyone on CUK before?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If I told you, you'd never believe me.

But since when has that stopped anyone on CUK before?
        We are all ears

Comment

Does my chunk in sometimes. Constantly giving me a hard time if I'm stuck in the office....

Told her time and time again, doesn't bother me. I'll can the contracting and get an easy permie job close to home. Silence then when the thought of not spending so much money.

Yeh right I love getting up at the crack of dawn and driving miles to gig every day - I do really. And I love getting home so late after a 10 hour day and not even seeing the kids.

Latest one - X's husband is home every day at 5pm and they get to do loads of stuff together, you're not home until 6-30 on a good day. FFS, to get home by 5pm I'd have to leave the office at 3pm every day which aint gonna be possible.
          Oh and is this X whos husband works in a factory and earns about the same in a week as I do in a day? Yep thats the one. Oh well ok then ask him to get me a job in the same factory then - BTW, we may have to sell the house, one of the cars, cancel the expensive holidays......

Remember that joke about the book just been released about understanding women and theres a pic of a massive book?

Its not difficult to work out surely - lots of money earned = need to put in a bit of effort and not sit on your arse at home all day.

/RantOver
          So X has a couple of hours spare to come over and tup with said missus hey.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            We are all ears
            Next CUK social I make it to, I'll share
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Told her time and time again, doesn't bother me. I'll can the contracting and get an easy permie job close to home. Silence then when the thought of not spending so much money.

Yeh right I love getting up at the crack of dawn and driving miles to gig every day - I do really. And I love getting home so late after a 10 hour day and not even seeing the kids.

Latest one - X's husband is home every day at 5pm and they get to do loads of stuff together, you're not home until 6-30 on a good day. FFS, to get home by 5pm I'd have to leave the office at 3pm every day which aint gonna be possible.
              Oh and is this X whos husband works in a factory and earns about the same in a week as I do in a day? Yep thats the one. Oh well ok then ask him to get me a job in the same factory then - BTW, we may have to sell the house, one of the cars, cancel the expensive holidays......

Remember that joke about the book just been released about understanding women and theres a pic of a massive book?

Its not difficult to work out surely - lots of money earned = need to put in a bit of effort and not sit on your arse at home all day.

/RantOver
              No one to blame but yourself really.

You married her.

(Says the 3 nights away from home contractor whose partner is a gem, whom I miss greatly..)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

There is only one solution to this, configure your router to block mumsnet completely. You will then see a marked improvement in your relationship.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

/RantOver
                  Please take time to consider exactly where your marriage is going. Is your wife really the right person for you?. You seem like a guy who wants to work hard to have a better than average life style (heck like most of us here), well you can't do that unless your partner is fully on board , and that includes her accepting that at times you simply won't be around. If she can't accept that, and you want a certain standard of living then it seems there is a fundamental incompatibility between the two of you that needs to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    There is only one solution to this, configure your router to block mumsnet completely. You will then see a marked improvement in your relationship.
                    ..And that Sir, has to be one of the BEST comments I've read in a long time!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      How did you forget adultwork?

Comment

Working...
                      X