• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long story short: Will you marry me ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Argh, she's sending me coy messages through the corporate instant message system
    I'd complain to HR.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Here you go:

Dear thingummy Oi Biatch

I've been worrying over our email exchange the other day - I fear that I may have given you the wrong impression. I'm not sure how serious your suggestion of marriage is, but my response was selfish and thoughtless. I have a lot of affection for you as a friend, but that is all. I briefly entertained the idea, but for all the wrong reasons - the only good reason for marriage is love, and I am not in love with you. I'm really flattered that you asked, and my ego briefly got the better of me. I am so sorry that I allowed this to happen, and I hope that you can forgive me and that we can remain friends.

Are you f*****g nuts? Marriage! What f*****g planet are you on?
      FFS we have had a bit of flirting and I briefly thought of shagging you, but only as an alternative to staying in a hotel and knocking out a pot-noodle.
      In reality you ain't' getting it no time never.

Yours affectionately
      Platypus
      Given your stupidity and the apparent inability to communicate clearly to this bint, might I suggest the above amendment to MS' eloquent missive.

My invoice also in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
        Given your stupidity and the apparent inability to communicate clearly to this bint, might I suggest the above amendment to MS' eloquent missive.

My invoice also in the post.
        That is a good alternative.

I don't think there is a hyphen in pot noodle. Happy to be corrected however.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Argh, she's sending me coy messages through the corporate instant message system
          Might be worth pointing out that all comms are monitored and recorded.
          World's Best Martini

Comment

: What a CUK classic thread!

I think some of the solutions provided have been amazing but I mostly agree with the "its me not you" approach. Its a tested and certified method which is guaranteed to work.

PS: Is the lady based in India ?
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              That is a good alternative.

I don't think there is a hyphen in pot noodle. Happy to be corrected however.
              I find the pot-noodle euphemism slightly offensive tbh.

The correct term is "Gentleman's Horlicks"
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Is pot noodle a CUK thing or have I led a sheltered life?
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Is pot noodle a CUK thing or have I led a sheltered life?
                  I've never heard it outside CUK and, believe me, when it comes to knowledge of masturbation, I'm up there with the best of them
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    I've never heard it outside CUK and, believe me, when it comes to knowledge of masturbation, I'm up there with the best of them
                    OIBQ

definitely NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXyT1vy3BII
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Have you read the text messages yet ? Were they as bad as you thought ?

Comment

Working...
                      X