• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long story short: Will you marry me ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I personally wouldn't take advice from a
    I know you don't take advice from yourself. Isn't it why you ask CUKers even for advise on which direction one should wipe one's arse?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Call her and sort it out, like a man.
      As my Dad used to quip .... "ARE YOU A MAN OR A MOUSE??" to which he'd reply "pass the cheese"

Comment

Just remember: a time will come, not far in the future, where you'll look back at this and either laugh or take a long drink.

Unless she's utterly barking, skins you and wears your face. That's never fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I'm working up an outline draft email in my head and will use some of the suggestions from this thread. I'm thinking I should send the email as soon as possible. We do have a team meeting in April which is the next time I'll see her and she's invited me over for dinner (or maybe it was a date, I still haven't dared re-read the Whatsapp). I'm reasonably sure that she's expecting to 'seal the deal' that night as that was the night earmarked for the 'let's discuss this' discussion.

So I think I'd better get my email written and sent ASAP as any delay will I fear compound this situation. Yes, I absolutely will be nice, thanks MS.

Now I'd better go an prepare for my afternoon conference call.............................................. .. the one which she'll be leading
          Here you go:

Dear thingummy

I've been worrying over our email exchange the other day - I fear that I may have given you the wrong impression. I'm not sure how serious your suggestion of marriage is, but my response was selfish and thoughtless. I have a lot of affection for you as a friend, but that is all. I briefly entertained the idea, but for all the wrong reasons - the only good reason for marriage is love, and I am not in love with you. I'm really flattered that you asked, and my ego briefly got the better of me. I am so sorry that I allowed this to happen, and I hope that you can forgive me and that we can remain friends.

Yours affectionately
          Platypus

Invoice in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Here you go:

Dear thingummy

I've been worrying over our email exchange the other day - I fear that I may have given you the wrong impression. I'm not sure how serious your suggestion of marriage is, but my response was selfish and thoughtless. I have a lot of affection for you as a friend, but that is all. I briefly entertained the idea, but for all the wrong reasons - the only good reason for marriage is love, and I am not in love with you. I'm really flattered that you asked, and my ego briefly got the better of me. I am so sorry that I allowed this to happen, and I hope that you can forgive me and that we can remain friends.

Yours affectionately
            Platypus

Invoice in the post.
            I think calling her "Thingummy" should guarantee a cooling of relations

Comment

Here you go:

Dear thingummy

Yours affectionately
              Platypus

ps: I am gay.
              FTFY
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Now I'd better go an prepare for my afternoon conference call.............................................. .. the one which she'll be leading
                Argh, she's sending me coy messages through the corporate instant message system

Comment

Argh, she's sending me coy messages through the corporate instant message system

We don't need to see her snatch but a rough idea of what she looks like would help.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Here you go:

Dear thingummy

Yours affectionately
                    Platypus

Invoice in the post.
                    Very good, thanks! I

I'd better re-read that dreaded Whatsapp thread I'm pretty sure I did give the wrong message, more than simply the wrong impression.

Hey, MS, you up for proof-reading my real reply, and not posting it on CUK?

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post

We don't need to see her snatch but a rough idea of what she looks like would help.

Just kidding

Comment

Working...
                      X