• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long story short: Will you marry me ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Much though I'd love to go in to the gory details and seek some real advice from you motley lot, on reflection I'll give you the short version.

Through a series of unfortunate events, someone at ClientCo has asked me to marry them. If I decline, it will be impossible to continue to work together, and she has the influence to have my contract terminated. But I don't want to accept. I've shot myself in the foot here by leading her on a bit. But I haven't even pecked her on the cheek, nevermind shagged her. So it's worrying she would ask without really knowing me very well. The moment to laugh it off "ha ha good one, yeah, right" has passed, or more accurately, I watched the moment slowly sail past me and failed to jump aboard.

I'm going to have to find a new role, and sharpish, which is going to be very very inconvenient. Or I'll have to concoct a whole "it's not you it's me" load of tulip. But I don't think I can emerge from this unscathed. Which should teach me a lesson.

OK, flamethrowers at the ready... and go
    Tell her you believe in sex before marriage and so couldn't possibly do so until you've tried her out.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Perhaps you could tell her you have some frightful deformity or injury "down below" that means sex is out of the question.

Or from past events, would she know that was a fib?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Can you provide a substitute instead?
        Last edited by anonymouse; 25 February 2015, 17:07.

Comment

missing the important question - Would Mich?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can I nominate this as an early candidate for thread of the year 2015?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Can I nominate this as an early candidate for thread of the year 2015?
              and can I ask Platypus to tell us the wedding date once this is decided, and give us all invites?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Tell her you believe in sex before marriage and so couldn't possibly do so until you've tried her out.
                ^ This.

While I don't normally agree with this twat of a poster (for no reason), he is correct.

Comment

Well you've managed to convince us you're a bit of a twat, and definitely not a good catch, so the trick is to ensure she gets the same impression.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    and can I ask Platypus to tell us the wedding date once this is decided, and give us all invites?
                    ah a CUK wedding I'll get my hankie!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Well you've managed to convince us you're a bit of a twat, and definitely not a good catch, so the trick is to ensure she gets the same impression.
                      Does she have one that you can perhaps avail yourself the usage thereof, before committing marital suicide, or is (s)he a LadyBoy?
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X