• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long story short: Will you marry me ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workplace relationships

Get another contract far, far away. But she might follow you, if she doesn't have your address, then the boss will provide it. Even then, she'll advise that she's going to camp on the front lawn. Don't even start on Valentines Day, or work re-unions....

That's enough of my story, good luck with yours

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
      Get another contract far, far away. But she might follow you, if she doesn't have your address, then the boss will provide it. Even then, she'll advise that she's going to camp on the front lawn. Don't even start on Valentines Day, or work re-unions....

That's enough of my story, good luck with yours
      And FFS don't buy a bunny rabbit.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        You [unsurprisingly, since you're a moron] misunderstand.
        Let's not get there love. I never went out for a shag and returned home after listening to tulipty guitar instead

OTOH, yes, I am waiting for the juicier information

Comment

Say you will accept subject to a contract review for legals and T+C? You need to make sure you are outside IR35 for the MoO and RoS.

Comment

What would Suity do in such a situation?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              What would Suity do in such a situation?
              Post about it on CUK asking for advice.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In other related news Platypus has already been spotted in Technical trying to procure a 2nd hand iphone from Spoiler. We need to get the details before he goes dark.

Comment

She sounds insane.

I am seriously going to need more details. Mainly - how did she propose??
                  By Email.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Will you marry me?
                  Exactly.

What I want to know is, how does someone go about proposing to someone they've not even so much as kissed.
                  Ah I see. Well we've known each other about 10 years. I know she's had a crush on me from time to time. I didn't discourage this and in fact I flirted back. But there was a trigger event 3 days ago and now I'm in a real pickle.

me: I've often thought about living and working in (country where she lives)
                  her: Will you marry me? That'd enable you to do that, right?
                  me: well I did think about asking you [true: like a bastard, I did think about using her in order to get residency rights]
                  her: well I'd absolutely do it tomorrow
                  me: let's think about this

I've thought about it. I don't want to do it.

@MP, ok she is a bit insane, right?

Comment

Sounds like contract accepted subject to review.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      By Email.

Exactly.

Ah I see. Well we've known each other about 10 years. I know she's had a crush on me from time to time. I didn't discourage this and in fact I flirted back. But there was a trigger event 3 days ago and now I'm in a real pickle.

me: I've often thought about living and working in (country where she lives)
                      her: Will you marry me? That'd enable you to do that, right?
                      me: well I did think about asking you [true: like a bastard, I did think about using her in order to get residency rights]
                      her: well I'd absolutely do it tomorrow
                      me: let's think about this

I've thought about it. I don't want to do it.

@MP, ok she is a bit insane, right?
                      Ah. That's not quite as dire as I'd first thought.

Ignore that conversation and never mention it again. If she does, refer to the fact that you assumed it was clearly a passing comment.

And stop leading her on, unless you're going to shag her.

PS. Yes. Completely.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X