• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long story short: Will you marry me ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say you would like to get to know her better before deciding.

You can then be up to your plums in muff for 3 months while you look for a new gig.

PS why am I sending a serious response? This is so clearly a wind up....

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      She sounds insane.

I am seriously going to need more details. Mainly - how did she propose??

women ...

Comment

Tell her you accept after mentioning it on here and getting our advice. She'll either run a mile or is sound as a pound and you'll have fun with her.
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

She sounds insane.

I am seriously going to need more details. Mainly - how did she propose??
          Will you marry me?

Comment

Proposals of marriage in the workplace? You must be on a good rate. The best I get is a round of drinks by contract end.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Much though I'd love to go in to the gory details and seek some real advice from you motley lot, on reflection I'll give you the short version.

Through a series of unfortunate events, someone at ClientCo has asked me to marry them. If I decline, it will be impossible to continue to work together, and she has the influence to have my contract terminated. But I don't want to accept. I've shot myself in the foot here by leading her on a bit. But I haven't even pecked her on the cheek, nevermind shagged her. So it's worrying she would ask without really knowing me very well. The moment to laugh it off "ha ha good one, yeah, right" has passed, or more accurately, I watched the moment slowly sail past me and failed to jump aboard.

I'm going to have to find a new role, and sharpish, which is going to be very very inconvenient. Or I'll have to concoct a whole "it's not you it's me" load of tulip. But I don't think I can emerge from this unscathed. Which should teach me a lesson.

OK, flamethrowers at the ready... and go

I am tempted to go out and buy you a little gold "No tulip Sherlock" award out of my own money just for that sentence.

Given that people generally don't ask if they expect a refusal, we're gonna need some jucier more info.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

women ...
                You [unsurprisingly, since you're a moron] misunderstand.

What I want to know is, how does someone go about proposing to someone they've not even so much as kissed.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

You [unsurprisingly, since you're a moron] misunderstand.

What I want to know is, how does someone go about proposing to someone they've not even so much as kissed.
                  Amish?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

@ Platypus - Get down to the pub and have a good laugh with your mates lad!

Shag her if she is any good or tell her to find a wall.

In the meantime / in the breaks between shags look for a contract and bugger-off once it is all sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Amish?
                      Yes, and soon to be a mishus.
                      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                      X