• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long story short: Will you marry me ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Send her a photo of 'your' tiny tackle. If yours won't suffice, someone on CUK can help

If the tiny willy doesn't do it, the fact you send her a naked pic of your bits might.
    Fail!

You never know the kind of fetish women have.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Does she know about GF?

Caution should be exercised, I should think. You may need to consider making up a whopping lie.
      BTW, about that colony on Mars...

Comment

[QUOTE=jamesbrown;2060066I mean, what's the "let's think about this" part, FFS?[/QUOTE]

Because, for a while, I thought "hell, why not, get to live in (other country) with a nice woman, start a whole new life, what the heck!"

It took maybe 30 mins for it to dawn on me that in fact that's not what I want to do. I think the idea becoming a reality made me consider it seriously for the first time. And duly considered, I realised that I don't want to move and start over with a woman I don't know very well.

Comment

If its in the country that I am thinking of, you could just say that you like working there, on occasion, but don't fancy making your life there?

If its with the same company that I am thinking of, do you not think that, perhaps, she would like the opportunity of getting a spouse visa and coming to live/work in the UK?

A contract (however long running) is not worth getting married for...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Does she know about GF?

Caution should be exercised, I should think. You may need to consider making up a whopping lie.
            Yes she does. I'm VERY open to suggestions about a whopping lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Tell her you are into necrophilia, sadism and bestiality. It may work or you might be just flogging a dead horse.
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Does she?

This sounds more complex than you're letting on. Particularly since you actually [albeit it for 30 mins] considered actually taking her up on the idea.

The lie needs to be something you can carry through to work, I assume? An easy one might be telling her that you're sadly going to need to drop contact with her, as GF has discovered your secret flirtation.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  If its in the country that I am thinking of, you could just say that you like working there, on occasion, but don't fancy making your life there?
                  I don't think it's the country you're thinking of, but that line could still work really well

If its with the same company that I am thinking of, do you not think that, perhaps, she would like the opportunity of getting a spouse visa and coming to live/work in the UK?
                  Same company, but no, she would never want to come to live and work in the UK

A contract (however long running) is not worth getting married for...
                  Yeah I know. Stockholm syndrome, I've been doing this so long I feel like a hostage with no options

Good advice, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Send her a photo of 'your' tiny tackle. If yours won't suffice, someone on CUK can help

If the tiny willy doesn't do it, the fact you send her a naked pic of your bits might.
                    Definitely won't work. Sounds like she's in so deep emotionally* that something like that wouldn't put her off.

*i.e. a dangerous state of infatuation that should be approached with care
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Because, for a while, I thought "hell, why not, get to live in (other country) with a nice woman, start a whole new life, what the heck!"

It took maybe 30 mins for it to dawn on me that in fact that's not what I want to do. I think the idea becoming a reality made me consider it seriously for the first time. And duly considered, I realised that I don't want to move and start over with a woman I don't know very well.
                      Gawd. I think the best outcome is to pretend you thought she was joking. She'll be embarrassed and never mention it again, but will, of course, think that you're a complete twat, which doesn't bode well for a productive working relationship, but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                      X