• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

minnie's Moroccan mega-marathon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minnie's Moroccan mega-marathon

Now that

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I've been outed.

He might (sometimes) be an obnoxious fecker, but I reckon this definitely warrants it's own thread.

For those who missed it, it seems that our minnie did a little run in the desert.

Marathon des Sables - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Incredibly tough, just day after day of running through sand dunes and rocky ground with a back pack on, limited water, 2200 calories a day, 50 degrees by midday. 50 mile stretch on the 4th day took me so far past what I thought was possible, I would say what I was going through was a controlled nervous breakdown, you are trying to follow people in the dark and you are questioning if they are real, hallucination is pretty common.

An hour after the race they removed the infected skin from my feet whilst I lay on the floor of a tent, I had to get tramadol for the next few days until I got back home. I don't know how more people don't die, someone's heart stopped, another was in a coma for a week and that is just the ones I have heard about. I would love to go back and do it again but I don't think I will be allowed.
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Why did you do it apart from proving that you could and because it was there?
    I don't really know, I knew it was there for years and it the idea just seemed to grow over time.
    It was incredibly fun looking back, I would love to do it again and would recommend anyone ( especially young ) to do it.

Anyway, here is a funny picture of what they drew out of just one blister on the 3rd day.

Fantastic achievement.

Originally posted by eek View Post
    It takes a certain something to make BP look normal.
    (I reckon MF could still 'ave 'im though. )

Here's some more to try:

Ronde des Foies Gras de Mauvezin

Home
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

NUTTER!

Mind you I know 2 people who have done it......
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

New Nike Running App Tells You What You

"The new app pinpoints the unique existential angst at the core of each runner’s workout routine."

Comment

So looks like we have a CUK relay team. Me on the swim, daveb on the bike, minnie on the run.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            So looks like we have a CUK relay team. Me on the swim, daveb on the bike, minnie on the run, MF on the pies.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              FTFY
              Do I have to cook the pies?
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Do I have to cook the pies?
                We need a whole team to cook that many.

Though we wanted you as one of the cheerleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  We need a whole team to cook that many.

Though we wanted you as one of the cheerleaders.
                  I think Owly would be better than me, you can also have AtW and Dim Prawn
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Flip me, I'm so glad I'm not fit enough to do that.

It's like hard drugs - You'd feel like an absolute vegetable, and probably think like one, if you didn't run 20 miles one day
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X