• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brillo's Brutal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What sort of distance are you thinking? Single? Double? Brutal double?

I do know there is one incredibly good runner here. Who has done the toughest endurance event on the planet. But wants to remain anonymous.

Im basically going solo from now on - but I would do a swim as part of a relay.

BTW Vetran would like to relay the bike section with you. He wants to do the bit where he goes down hill or chats to the pretty ladies ("It would be rude not to chat").
    I could manage the double distance on the bike given time to train for it. 100+ is not a problem, i'll need a bit of work to get up to 200+. Not claiming any speed records but definitely doable. No idea about the brutal, I get the impression that's less about the distance and more about the terrain.

Do the do Tandem Entries? He'd have to go on the back though, no-way I'm staring at his arse for 12 hours.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I do know there is one incredibly good runner here. Who has done the toughest endurance event on the planet. But wants to remain anonymous.
      Not like MF to be so shy.

Comment

Brillo - well done, you freak!

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Not like MF to be so shy.
          Had to run to Greggs last week to get in before they closed. Hardest thing ever.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Had to run to Greggs last week to get in before they closed. Hardest thing ever.
            Not you?

Guess it must be minestrone then.

Minnie - if you don't want people to know, don't tell a CUKer...

Comment

BTW Vetran would like to relay the bike section with you. He wants to do the bit where he goes down hill or chats to the pretty ladies ("It would be rude not to chat").
              You know I can't go that slow, my bottom gears don't work!

Some have it, some don't.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

vetran cycling down hill is the personification of Newton's Laws.

Comment

I've been outed.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I've been outed.
                    Fantastic achievement - tell us about it!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Fantastic achievement - tell us about it!
                      Incredibly tough, just day after day of running through sand dunes and rocky ground with a back pack on, limited water, 2200 calories a day, 50 degrees by midday. 50 mile stretch on the 4th day took me so far past what I thought was possible, I would say what I was going through was a controlled nervous breakdown, you are trying to follow people in the dark and you are questioning if they are real, hallucination is pretty common.

An hour after the race they removed the infected skin from my feet whilst I lay on the floor of a tent, I had to get tramadol for the next few days until I got back home. I don't know how more people don't die, someone's heart stopped, another was in a coma for a week and that is just the ones I have heard about. I would love to go back and do it again but I don't think I will be allowed.

Comment

Working...
                      X