• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

minnie's Moroccan mega-marathon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Feeling slightly poisoned for the whole event was maybe the worst. Freeze dried granola for breakfast, freeze dried noodles at night, 2 energy bars, 5 electrolyte energy drink lemon and lime sachets and 20 salt pills. Every day.
    You are really selling it....

No wonder the other people I know didn't tell the truth!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I think the idea is self sufficient for a week so you don't want to carry any more than 5 kg of food at the start.

I think you could get by from local wells for water so they give you about 11.5 litres a day so you are not drinking from them. 16 on the long day.
      That 11.5 litres counts as "limited water" only goes further to confirm how extreme it is, I make that 17 pints!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Never understood this kind of thing, keeping fit is one thing. All it does is damages the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Never understood this kind of thing, keeping fit is one thing. All it does is damages the body.
          Depends how well you train.

Interestingly its more a mental challenge - as Minestrone indicated. Have you ever wondered how far you can go?

Without people like MInestrone, we would still be stuck in caves.

Hats off to him - I am really pleased he came out. It was very kind of him to let me know what he was doing. A great inspiration to me - and makes my achievements look ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Depends how well you train.

Interestingly its more a mental challenge - as Minestrone indicated. Have you ever wondered how far you can go?

Hats off to him - I am really pleased he came out. It was very kind of him to let me know what he was doing. A great inspiration to me - and makes my achievements look ordinary.
            What has running around a desert with little food got to do with human advancement? Not sure Newton or Einstein did this, they valued their time and health and concentrated on real world problems.

Comment

I don't think people who lived in caves would test themselves to the limit for fun, they had enough to worry about

Comment

BBC News - How I drank urine and bat blood to survive

Now I know why he does it - its just for the urine and bat's blood.

Comment

BBC News - How I drank urine and bat blood to survive

Now I know why he does it - its just for the urine and bat's blood.
                  KUATB: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...a-runners.html

Comment

Comment

Someone told me that was all a marketing ploy by the race organisers. I cant see it, he lost 30% of his weight and they really don't know how he lived. People still get lost even today, one person in my tent did and got eliminated when he turned up.

Always up for a bit of piss drinking though, survival situation or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X