• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

minnie's Moroccan mega-marathon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Flip me, I'm so glad I'm not fit enough to do that.
    Train hard for 3 years and you will be.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      It's like hard drugs - You'd feel like an absolute vegetable, and probably think like one, if you didn't run 20 miles one day
      I think I'd feel like an absolute vegetable if I did run 20 miles.

Comment

Reminds me of that short-lived "Unbreakable" show on Channel 5.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You've made me blush.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            You've made me blush.
            It's probably the sunburn.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So looks like we have a CUK relay team. Me on the swim, daveb on the bike, minnie on the run.
              Starting to feel somewhat inadequate in that company tbh. Cycling's easy, all you have to do is keep your feet going round and round and not fall off.
              Last edited by DaveB; 24 September 2014, 21:17.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Feeling slightly poisoned for the whole event was maybe the worst. Freeze dried granola for breakfast, freeze dried noodles at night, 2 energy bars, 5 electrolyte energy drink lemon and lime sachets and 20 salt pills. Every day.

Comment

Out of interest why was food and water limited? Just because it wasn't hard enough already?!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think the idea is self sufficient for a week so you don't want to carry any more than 5 kg of food at the start.

I think you could get by from local wells for water so they give you about 11.5 litres a day so you are not drinking from them. 16 on the long day.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Starting to feel somewhat inadequate in that company tbh. Cycling's easy, all you have to do is keep your feet going round and round and not fall off.
                      Depends what sort of distance we are going to do? Brutal deca?

Comment

Working...
                      X