• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brillo's Brutal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Incredibly tough, just day after day of running through sand dunes and rocky ground with a back pack on, limited water, 2200 calories a day, 50 degrees by midday. 50 mile stretch on the 4th day took me so far past what I thought was possible, I would say what I was going through was a controlled nervous breakdown, you are trying to follow people in the dark and you are questioning if they are real, hallucination is pretty common.

An hour after the race they removed the infected skin from my feet whilst I lay on the floor of a tent, I had to get tramadol for the next few days until I got back home. I don't know how more people don't die, someone's heart stopped, another was in a coma for a week and that is just the ones I have heard about. I would love to go back and do it again but I don't think I will be allowed.
    It takes a certain something to make BP look normal.

Why did you do it apart from proving that you could and because it was there?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Why did you do it apart from proving that you could and because it was there?
      I don't really know, I knew it was there for years and it the idea just seemed to grow over time.

Comment

Incredibly tough, just day after day of running through sand dunes and rocky ground with a back pack on, limited water, 2200 calories a day, 50 degrees by midday. 50 mile stretch on the 4th day took me so far past what I thought was possible, I would say what I was going through was a controlled nervous breakdown, you are trying to follow people in the dark and you are questioning if they are real, hallucination is pretty common.

An hour after the race they removed the infected skin from my feet whilst I lay on the floor of a tent, I had to get tramadol for the next few days until I got back home. I don't know how more people don't die, someone's heart stopped, another was in a coma for a week and that is just the ones I have heard about.
        Fecking hell.

I would love to go back and do it again but I don't think I will be allowed.
        And this is the bit the confirms you should be certified.

Seriously, well done - impressive achievement.

Comment

I don't really know, I knew it was there for years and it the idea just seemed to grow over time.
          Certainly impressive.

I have been toying with the idea of it myself, but you may have succeeded in putting me off.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It was incredibly fun looking back, I would love to do it again and would recommend anyone ( especially young ) to do it.

Anyway, here is a funny picture of what they drew out of just one blister on the 3rd day.

Comment

Wow, well done Brillo!
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

There's always one ..

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...76180860,d.cWc

congrats that really is even more impressive than Brillo's!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X