• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland is the first country to vote against its own independence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Only me? Think there are a million like me that are stunned by the pragmatism and reasoned thought shown outside of Glasgow.
    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
      I, and others, voted No because all the Yes campaign tulip was basically that - total la-la-land tulip. Not one answer to any of the hard questions on currency, the EU, fiscal responsibility, budget. It was an abject load of utter tulip that managed to sucker 45% of the Scottish population on a mix of dreams, nationalism and utter fvckwittery.
      This is the word you're looking for

Demagogue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Scottish parliament is in need of some real politicians, probably the type everyone hates but get the job done.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 September 2014, 16:03.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        Where are Scooter and Batcher now it's time to lay the boot in?
        Long day and night yesterday so recovering today with minimal internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Maybe, but there are 2,001,926 who are stunned by the stupidity shown in Glasgow.
          As Frankie Boyle tweeted this morning - "I should have expected this, because if you'd asked me to estimate how many c*nts there were in Scotland I'd have said about 2 million"

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I read that 5% of people spoilt their ballot papers. HOW?!?!
            They read out the numbers. Can't remember off the top of my head but a couple of reasons were:

Both boxes had a cross in them (it was in the hundreds). Not sure if it was meant to spoil the papers.
            The voter could be identified (some had written their name, or signed it)

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              And the EU or Commonwealth worker in Scotland. Wonder how much these accounted for though. Insignificant?
              Like the Polish workers who were told by the Better Together doorsteppers that if there was a Yes vote they would have to go back to Poland as they wouldn't be allowed to stay?

Or the OAPs who were told their pensions would be cut if it was a Yes?

Dirty tricks by the establishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                As Frankie Boyle tweeted this morning - "I should have expected this, because if you'd asked me to estimate how many c*nts there were in Scotland I'd have said about 2 million"
                Frankie Boyle is a tit. A squeaky voiced unfunny tit with a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  If a foreigner is looking to make their long term future a life in Scotland, then they should have got a vote because it affects them. On the other hand, all the Scots who love Scotland so much they're making their long term future a more prosperous life in England (or Germany) have no right to expect to vote.
                  I've got a Mexican friend who has lived and worked in Edinburgh for 8 years. She kept calling the Electoral Commission about registering to vote but they said she couldn't. I only found out yesterday and couldn't understand it but there must be a criteria she's not meeting . She's married to an EU citizen so should qualify that way I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You wont get a referendum again until the 16-17 are in their 50s. It was stupid for Salmond to ask for them to be included.

And if the bill is drafted like it is now where nothing is agreed the "Yes" won't win.
                    I disagree about the 16-17 year olds being allowed to vote. They were a credit and really got involved in the process. I'm not sure of the breakdown but it probably was 50-50 for either side. I saw lots of them at the count having the process explained to them and mixing with the media & high ranking politicians that turned up. Some of them were interviewed by the media and I'm sure they felt important and included.

The 16 year olds won't be old enough to vote in the GE and they showed disappointment at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                      Like the Polish workers who were told by the Better Together doorsteppers that if there was a Yes vote they would have to go back to Poland as they wouldn't be allowed to stay?

Or the OAPs who were told their pensions would be cut if it was a Yes?

Dirty tricks by the establishment.
                      OFFS, one of my mates lives in Niddrie - his surname is **ush*nko - the Yes campaign sent someone round to tell him, in Polish, that he would be deported if the No vote won. He's Ukrainian. He found Salmond's support for Putin a tad irritating especially as his cousin is missing in the east.

You failed to sell your fvcknonsene and lost. Now - get a grip and look to the future or leave; you would have expected that of me if the Yes vote had won.

Comment

Working...
                      X