• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland is the first country to vote against its own independence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    I disagree about the 16-17 year olds being allowed to vote. They were a credit and really got involved in the process. I'm not sure of the breakdown but it probably was 50-50 for either side. I saw lots of them at the count having the process explained to them and mixing with the media & high ranking politicians that turned up. Some of them were interviewed by the media and I'm sure they felt important and included.

The 16 year olds won't be old enough to vote in the GE and they showed disappointment at that.
    ...hopefully the 16 year olds will grow up in a world where Nationalism is increasingly seen an anachronism. It was totally right to give them the vote, gotta give Salmond a tick for that.

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
      OFFS, one of my mates lives in Niddrie - his surname is **ush*nko - the Yes campaign sent someone round to tell him, in Polish, that he would be deported if the No vote won. He's Ukrainian. He found Salmond's support for Putin a tad irritating especially as his cousin is missing in the east.

You failed to sell your fvcknonsene and lost. Now - get a grip and look to the future or leave; you would have expected that of me if the Yes vote had won.
      What future?

Comment

Originally posted by jemb View Post
        ...hopefully the 16 year olds will grow up in a world where Nationalism is increasingly seen an anachronism. It was totally right to give them the vote, gotta give Salmond a tick for that.
        It wasn't about nationalism. It was about self determination.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post
          Czechoslovakia?
          I don't think there was a vote, it was the politicians who decided.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Should we all not rather live in a world without borders?

Oh great my head is in the clouds again? All this nationalism crap is for politicians anyway who's salaries depend on stupid arguments and way to put fear into your head so you vote to keep people out along an imaginary line. Its all tulipe.

Then, again, see what happened to the north american natives by not keeping out the immigrants that later took all their jobs, land and imposed their laws.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

It wasn't about nationalism. It was about self determination.
              Indeed. Some people cannot tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Indeed. Some people cannot tell the difference.
                The real nationalists are in George Square tonight. Waving Union Jacks, burning Saltires and doing Nazi salutes while singing Rule Brittania

Comment

The real nationalists are in George Square tonight. Waving Union Jacks, burning Saltires and doing Nazi salutes while singing Rule Brittania
                  **** off. Unix was saying it was "yes" voters kicking off. Will you two get your stories straight?

Comment

It's the BNP hijacking a no win that their 'support' did more to jeopardise than assist.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      **** off. Unix was saying it was "yes" voters kicking off. Will you two get your stories straight?
                      Sure, it wasn't the unionists at all. It was all the Yes voters as you can see here

Comment

Working...
                      X