• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salmond is a power crazed nutter, he has already amalgamated the police forces who have so much power that they recommend new laws to be passed. You only had to observe what happens in the met to see the problems a super force creates. Add to that the 'named person' laws that are a total invasion of privacy to parents. This is the way dictatorships work.

Essentially I want nothing to do with this new government if it comes to pass. I will look to ways to move my company south, I will try to keep a British passport by refusing a Scottish one and if Standard Life who hold my pension don't move south as promised I will move my pension there myself. I fear the government will try to dip private pensions in the future.

Comment

Salmond is a power crazed nutter, he has already amalgamated the police forces who have so much power that they recommend new laws to be passed. You only had to observe what happens in the met to see the problems a super force creates. Add to that the 'named person' laws that are a total invasion of privacy to parents. This is the way dictatorships work.

Essentially I want nothing to do with this new government if it comes to pass. I will look to ways to move my company south, I will try to keep a British passport by refusing a Scottish one and if Standard Life who hold my pension don't move south as promised I will move my pension there myself. I fear the government will try to dip private pensions in the future.

Edit: add to that the SNPs attempts to end corroboration in the courts which the judges don't want.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        It can still exist but in the post devolution world where organisations are working out where to give funding and what laws/regulations apply to Scotland, why bother giving it to Scotland when you can give it to other places in the UK?
        Facility, environment, the law, less red-tape, money is important yes but the spending the UK does for it's size is not going to blow out any candles if Scotland goes, of that I'm sure.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        People were moving abroad long before tuition fees. The pay and prospects in UK academia are poor. Even in the companies that are allied to research you get far better pay abroad.
        Agreed. Perhaps why I'm typing in post in Germany instead of my home I dearly miss. Managed three visits to Edinburgh this year, hope to squeeze in a forth.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Will Scotland honour it's share the of the Public Sector Pension liabilities?
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            No idea.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Life expectancy in Scotland is lower than the rest of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Life expectancy in Scotland is lower than the rest of the UK.
                So we can adjust the retirement age to 40.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Facility, environment, the law, less red-tape, money is important yes but the spending the UK does for it's size is not going to blow out any candles if Scotland goes, of that I'm sure.

Agreed. Perhaps why I'm typing in post in Germany instead of my home I dearly miss. Managed three visits to Edinburgh this year, hope to squeeze in a forth.
                  You've put on weight again?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    So we can adjust the retirement age to 40.
                    Nah, just means you don't need to bother with a pension because you'll never live long enough to collect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      You've put on weight again?
                      bah humbug.

I've got work to do. Someone please switch off the internet for the next 15 days.

Comment

Working...
                      X