• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disclosure Scotland - is this transferable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a valid Standard Disclosure (all clean) from Oct 2012 , I take it I would only need a Disclosure SCOTLAND if my prospective client was actually in Scotland?

Can you transfer them? Would having a valid one speed things up?

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      I have a valid Standard Disclosure (all clean) from Oct 2012 , I take it I would only need a Disclosure SCOTLAND if my prospective client was actually in Scotland? You are joking, right?

qh
      IIRC - no they are not transferable. I had one thru Capita for one gig (pub sec), then had to do it again for current one (priv sec).
      And no, having had one previously doesn't speed up anything, I think there are set timescales.
      If you go to the relevant website all will be clarified.

Oh, and the clients in question (& agencies) didn't pay for them; the business did, which was 'expensed'.
      Clarity is everything

Comment

it's completely dependant on the client and their requirements i.e. how recent they want it to be.

I've used a previously obtained SD for a new client (it was less than six months old).

It also has nothing to do with Scottish clients. Lloyds insist on them for some roles.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          I have a valid Standard Disclosure (all clean) from Oct 2012 , I take it I would only need a Disclosure SCOTLAND if my prospective client was actually in Scotland?

qh
          No, as commented earlier in the thread it's only considered valid at the point the check is carried out. If you get a new gig in three months time and the client decides they want one you'll have to get another check done. Rinse and repeat for every gig requiring it.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            it's completely dependant on the client and their requirements i.e. how recent they want it to be.

I've used a previously obtained SD for a new client (it was less than six months old).

It also has nothing to do with Scottish clients. Lloyds insist on them for some roles.
            As TM says its got nothing to do with Scottish clients. Disclosure Scotland are the only people who provide Criminal Background checks to the general public.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Crapita do it all the time

Mechanical Permit Officer - Seascale Cumbria - September-25-2013 (DDaK4) is the first example I found on jobserve

and I know the extra r comes from Private Eye but every time I deal with them I remember why they require it.....
              Yup, currently on a Crapita contract and I had to stump up for it. It was not negotiable and nothing to do with other clearances being in place or not.

Comment

Cheers for comments, yep told this morning I have to go through Disclosure Scotland (why call it that?).

No problem with the process, it's being told about it 36 hours before due to start at client site. FFS!

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've just started a third contract to ask for this.

The first asked me to pay the £25 but then reimbursed me once it was all ok.

The second, Lloyds, said the only reason they wouldn't accept the first one I did was because it was over a year old. Fair enough, but I had to pay for that one myself.

The third time, the one I did for Lloyds has been accepted because it's less than a year old.

I was also told that if they did have to apply for it again it WOULD speed up the process because I'd done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Crapita do it all the time

Mechanical Permit Officer - Seascale Cumbria - September-25-2013 (DDaK4) is the first example I found on jobserve

and I know the extra r comes from Private Eye but every time I deal with them I remember why they require it.....
                    Seconded. I applied for an "urgent" nuclear role which then stalled because of security clearance checks during which they insisted on me sending originals of my passport and birth certificate up to Cumbria. I pointed out that my DV clearance was processed through another dept of Crapita and surely they could carry out background checks by contacting them? Computer said "No". Luckily my passport and birth certificate were returned but they have managed to lose my Basic Disclosure certificate

And no, I didn't take up the contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X