• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depressing Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donjuan75 View Post
    There appear to be plenty of Web/Digital PM and BA roles. Not sure if that helps many/any of you, but there you go.
    I joined a big Internet company last month, as a perm. It´s booming in the internet sector, but for those in banking it´s still pretty rubbish.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is it picking up? Had interview yesterday and have another Monday.

Like bloody buses. (cliche alert)

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Is it picking up? Had interview yesterday and have another Monday.

Like bloody buses. (cliche alert)

qh
        (generalisation alert)
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No contract yet - seems a long time

Hi,

I have been in IT for over 25 years, the last 12 as a contractor. I must say that I am noticing a slow down particularly outside London.

I finished a contract at the end of April and have not had a contract since. This is the longest I have ever been out of contract work, though I did take a holiday for 2 weeks at the end of April.

I'm finding that when I apply for contracts with different agencies on the job boards, the contract is for the same job.

Anyway here's hoping I get a position soon.

Hope you all have success as well.

BPCY

Comment

It's only been 3 1/2 months and the sun is shining.

I was benched for 6 months in the middle of winter.

Come back if you get nothing by October (there'll be very little out there now until the kids go back to school).
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Is ok if you can be prepared to travelling.

Have worked IN->AE->ZA->AU in 7 years.

Next stop is UK.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                Been recruiting for a project team for the last few weeks. The jobs have been on all the boards. The vast majority of people we have interviewed have been of overseas origin. I don't see how the market can have been as bad as some say given the quality of response we have had.
                Depends on the agents you are using...if they inisist on only sending people who they can get for NMW that's all you are going to get.

I noticed this week that most PMO roles are now going for more than experienced BA roles. At least on the JS notifications.

Comment

a mate of mine told me he has noticed rates dropping almost £100 per day in the last few weeks.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

It has been slow this year...

However, I have been more interested in work on the continent and find demand is direct proportional to Bob companies complaining there is no work.

The last couple of weeks, I have noticed Bob crying the blues ( on the Indian news websites ) that there is no work out there and things are looking bleak!

Fielded three offers in the last week ( have direct knowledge of Bob making bids ) and took one that included plane fare ( 45 minutes from my home ), hotel and generous per diem.

All this in July - quite pleased!

Comment

I've seen rubbish rates advertised up North (sub £200) and applied for one at £300 only to be told 2 days later that the client had dropped their budget to £260 max, no chance unless it's on my doorstep and I'm desperate.

Comment

Working...
                      X