• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG and QDOS IR35 coverage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Malvy,

Always wondered. Are you connected to PCG in any way? Or just a big supporter of?
    I'm just a member and one of the original £50 donors. So something of a fan of what they're trying to acheive.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I called abbey tax today to inquire about their ir35 insurance. They charge one off payments to insure each contract rather than an annual cost like qdos. You obviously need to pay for a review for each contract you want covered. Big annoying for me as I have had ten different ones in last 8 years

Never mind, piece of mind is worth it.

One more interesting one, I asked if fined do you pay it out of personal bank account or business. Grey area he said but most pay through business.

Comment

Originally posted by Butcheroo View Post
        I called abbey tax today to inquire about their ir35 insurance. They charge one off payments to insure each contract rather than an annual cost like qdos. You obviously need to pay for a review for each contract you want covered. Big annoying for me as I have had ten different ones in last 8 years Never mind, piece of mind is worth it.

One more interesting one, I asked if fined do you pay it out of personal bank account or business. Grey area he said but most pay through business.
        That is a big annoyance for you? Jesus wept

You really aren't cut out to run a business are you. Permie mentality in every post.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

You really aren't cut out to run a business are you. Permie mentality in every post.
          Keep to the subject please.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Of course having to pay over a hundred pound to review ten contracts as opposed to five is annoying ffs

You really love your opinions don't you.

Just don't bother replying to My posts. Makes it easier for us all.

Comment

I called abbey tax today to inquire about their ir35 insurance. They charge one off payments to insure each contract rather than an annual cost like qdos. You obviously need to pay for a review for each contract you want covered. Big annoying for me as I have had ten different ones in last 8 years

Never mind, piece of mind is worth it.

Plus whenever you extend they need to do a mini-review (chargeable). And you've got have PCG+ as well (not just standard PCG).

Its got its merits but QDOS is different it seems. £360 for a year and it covers any claims that may arise in the time your covered (even stuff from before). Disadvanatge of this is you need to cover for a bit after you stop contracting.....
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Plus whenever you extend they need to do a mini-review (chargeable). And you've got have PCG+ as well (not just standard PCG).

Its got its merits but QDOS is different it seems. £360 for a year and it covers any claims that may arise in the time your covered (even stuff from before). Disadvanatge of this is you need to cover for a bit after you stop contracting.....
                I'm going to phone qdos for their thoughts. My worry is if some of my contracts don't meet their criteria they won't cover then. If they only cover the really good tight ones then why do you need it.

Comment

Of course having to pay over a hundred pound to review ten contracts as opposed to five is annoying ffs

You really love your opinions don't you.

Just don't bother replying to My posts. Makes it easier for us all.
                  It's not an opinion, it is part and parcel doing doing business and demostrating diligence in what you do. How annoying trying to do things properly!

BTW.. £230 PI/PL with QDOS gets you 3 free a year.

Thinking about your posts before you hit send would be make it even easier.

Keep to the subject please.
                  Bringing Abbey Tax in and your contracts that might not be covered is on the subject of a discussion about insurance differences between QDOS and PCG is on topic how???
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK - I think he means that the way Abbey Tax works is you have to get each contract reviewed before they cover you (£175+vat each time). Plus a mini-review (£60?) every extension or six months. Can work out a bit expensive I guess.

The fact that you've maybe already had it reviewed by QDOS is immaterial. If you want coverage from Abbey you've got to shell out for them to review.

Difference is they charge a premium per contract. So it covers that contract whenever you claim.

QDOS is different. All they need is you to fill in questionaire up front. Then you pay per year, regardless of previous, present contracts etc. If you get the HMRC letter and you're in a period of coverage for QDOS you're covered.

Which is why with QDOS if you quit contracting you still need to pay for it since HMRC might come knocking a year or so down the line.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

The fact that you've maybe already had it reviewed by QDOS is immaterial. If you want coverage from Abbey you've got to shell out for them to review.
                      Are you 100% sure about that? My recollection (and it could be wrong) is that Abbey would accept certain reviews from others, such as a full review from QDOS or B&C that includes working practices. Best to give Abbey a call if you have another review to hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X