• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG and QDOS IR35 coverage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. So a 0.5% chance of losing then according to both PCG and QDOS figures.

Still would be better if QDOS somehow managed to dovetail their cover into PCG as well though. Personally, I'd like to keep my PCG membership and use them if needs be (and then claim off QDOS if they lost) but I dont think thats possible.

Of course, I could add abbey tax to PCG but it works out more expensive for me.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Of course, I could add abbey tax to PCG but it works out more expensive for me.
      More expensive? Couple of hundred at the most, to protect a potential £100k risk...?

Methinks sir needs to study the difference between cost and value.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        More expensive? Couple of hundred at the most, to protect a potential £100k risk...?

Methinks sir needs to study the difference between cost and value.
        Malvy,

We've had this argument before. I'm not sayng that as a whole IR35 insurance is too expensive, just pointing out that QDOS is cheaper for me.

Abbey Tax is £175 per contract review, plus payment (whatever it is). QDOS is £360 one fee.

Its like seeing two shops selling the same pair of shoes. One at £40, one at £80. Just cos I might be loaded doesn't mean I'm going to pay £80 for them!

Comment

Malvy,

We've had this argument before. I'm not sayng that as a whole IR35 insurance is too expensive, just pointing out that QDOS is cheaper for me.

Abbey Tax is £175 per contract review, plus payment (whatever it is). QDOS is £360 one fee.

Its like seeing two shops selling the same pair of shoes. One at £40, one at £80. Just cos I might be loaded doesn't mean I'm going to pay £80 for them!
          No, but you're saying tha the intergrated solution you want is avaiable at a cost that you don't want to pay so you are using an arguably weaker solution instead. Fair enough.

But if the objective is to cover the risk properly and avoid any issues where one or the other insurer doesn't want to play, I'm saying a hundred quid ether way shoudn't be a criterion.That's all.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

PCG and QDOS IR35 coverage

What about Bauer & Cottrell. Hearing good things about their services

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              No, but you're saying tha the intergrated solution you want is avaiable at a cost that you don't want to pay so you are using an arguably weaker solution instead. Fair enough.

But if the objective is to cover the risk properly and avoid any issues where one or the other insurer doesn't want to play, I'm saying a hundred quid ether way shoudn't be a criterion.That's all.
              Fair point. But I want to stay with PCG and I've decided QDOS is more appropriate for my needs.
              I might end up going with Abbey after all but I'm just saying, for me, PCG and QDOS together would be better for me.

Comment

Fair point. But I want to stay with PCG and I've decided QDOS is more appropriate for my needs.
                I might end up going with Abbey after all but I'm just saying, for me, PCG and QDOS together would be better for me.
                Out of interest, and apologies if I've missed this in earlier posts, what is it about PCG that makes you want to stay with PCG? I'm with PCG and would have thought that, given QDOS would need to deal with all HMRC matters, what do PCG offer over and above?

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post
                  Out of interest, and apologies if I've missed this in earlier posts, what is it about PCG that makes you want to stay with PCG? I'm with PCG and would have thought that, given QDOS would need to deal with all HMRC matters, what do PCG offer over and above?
                  You mean apart from :
                  • Free, unconditional legal represenation for any tax-related case
                  • Free tax and legal helplines
                  • Representation in government
                  • Regular country-wide free seminars on a range of contractor-related issues
                  • Direct input to HMG consultations
                  • Jury Service cover
                  • Agency default protection insurance
                  • National Freelancing Day, promoting the use of contractors to industry
                  • Discount online training courses
                  • Discount on a wide range of relevant suppliers
                  • The Accredited Accountant scheme
                  • 25% discount on BUPA
                  • Memebrship of the only organisation representing UK contractors
                  • Membership of the only organisation representing UK contractors in Europe
                  • Free help and advice from a wide range of recognised experts
                  • An active forum community containing some highly experieneced freelances
                  • Membership of a not for profit organisation dedicated to your best interests
                  So, not a lot, really...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post
                    Added stuff with PCG membership. Just not sure if its worth it if I choose not to use they're IR35 cover.

Comment

Malvy,

Always wondered. Are you connected to PCG in any way? Or just a big supporter of?

Comment

Working...
                      X