• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG and QDOS IR35 coverage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I appear to be giving QDOS a hard time in this thread but, in reality, I'm impressed they've made the effort and come on here to answer the questions. Top marks for that and definitely gone up in my estimation.

Maybe I'm just a bit too cynical about insurance.... :-)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Maybe I'm just a bit too cynical about insurance.... :-)

D'ya think?!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        OK so fair enough in this case you wouldn't cover in the first place. So why do you need the clause saying you reserve the right to not represent? Its going to scare people I think.

Surely, as seems to be the reality, you should be saying you will represent as long as the insured party has been truthful in their application. Seems fair enough to me.
        Because the policy wording applies to all of our tax insurance products and there may be cases, like the examples I've given, where we would have to decline. It would be very difficult for us to get an insurer to write a policy without any kind of 'worst case scenario' clauses.

I'd hope that our history and track record would speak for itself and I can assure you that we actually want to deal with IR35 enquiries on behalf of contractors. We've got a team of consultants who like nothing more than a battle with HMRC (they are quite boring at work functions though).
        Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
          I'd hope that our history and track record would speak for itself and I can assure you that we actually want to deal with IR35 enquiries on behalf of contractors. We've got a team of consultants who like nothing more than a battle with HMRC (they are quite boring at work functions though).
          We know PCGs success rate. What's yours?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            1,300 v 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
              We've got a team of consultants who like nothing more than a battle with HMRC (they are quite boring at work functions though).

I've just snorted tea out of my nose, thanks for that, Qdos!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                Remind me of PCGs?
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

for QDOS, is that 1,304 IR35 enquiries, with QDOS winning 1,300 and HMRC 4?

I don't know PCGs.

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post
                    It is 'over' 1,300 (not sure of exact number off the top of my head).

Comment

Originally posted by snappy View Post

I don't know PCGs.
                      I do...

Oh.

Well to be precise they've stopped counting*, but the last set I saw was around 1600 to 6. But don't get excited, the tribunal cases are running 60:40 in favour of HMRC.

*To be even more precise, they never did count , they used the numbers passed over from their various suppliers. So some of QDOS's early ones may be in there as well
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X