• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place to buy Business Cards??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a company called Scarborough Pages (guess where they're based...). They do a decent design service as well as some neat packages. Worth a look IMVHO
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Another thought.

Don't put Vendor logo's on cards. apart from the copyright issues, In this industry logos change and companies get bought. Its a pain in the ass if you end up binning 1000 cards because BEA / Sun / Autonomy changed brands etc.

Keep your design simple and then the cards last as long as you need them to.

Comment

MOO cards are quality, but a little more expensive. Like someone previously said, if you're just getting them to keep IR35 happy buy the cheaper ones.

Comment

I think the Ir35 bills you'll be paying will make the cost of business cards unimportant. I'm sure HMRC will stop an investigation like a shot if they find you spend £4.99 on some flimsy bits of card with your name on.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think the Ir35 bills you'll be paying will make the cost of business cards unimportant. I'm sure HMRC will stop an investigation like a shot if they find you spend £4.99 on some flimsy bits of card with your name on.
            Maybe, but the use of busines cards was quoted in a recent IR35 appeal by the judge as being another indicator that the contractor was operating as a genuine business. Every little helps complete the picture.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Maybe, but the use of busines cards was quoted in a recent IR35 appeal by the judge as being another indicator that the contractor was operating as a genuine business. Every little helps complete the picture.
              +1.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                Hi,
                It depends if you want to throw them at every one you meet or if you are using them as a targeted tool. I used Castle Print in Newbury. They were very high quality and good guys to deal with. I think it cost me about £250 + vat for 1500 cards. I got them in 2004 and just got rid of my last ones this year. (but I don't hand them out like sweeties) I have not ordered myself a new batch yet.

The vista/moo/<pick one> stuff is Ok but I just don't want a card that advertises someone else on the other side.

You don't have to have VistaPrint advertised on the reverse side. I can't remember how you do it, I guess you tick a box and pay a couple of quid extra to remove their logo from the reverse side of the card. I thought VistaPrint were OK, the scam attached to them only caught you if you were careless and clicked "YES" on a pop up without reading what you were agreeing to. I don't think they try that scam now though due to all the bad press they got, deservedly so.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Moo all the way for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ice View Post
                    Moo all the way for me..
                    Not actually a good name if you're a contractor, is it...?

IGMC....
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I just got some through from goodprint. Very pleased with the quality and arrived within a few days. I originally started out with the intention of using a vistaprint special offer link but resented the fact that 4 quid transformed into 20 by the time it came to pay with shipping, logos etc. Goodprint were half the price and i didn't feel i was being ripped off.

Comment

Working...
                      X