• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC clearance application processing

Hi, I applied for SC clearance using a sponsor on the NSVS portal back in August 2018. They asked for some more info (finance form) in 7 days and I have provided all information by 3rd week of August. It is still showing In Progress and its nearly 3 months. I had SC a decade ago, but it expired.
    My question is, is there anyway to ask for progress update as an applicant?

Comment

I have been waiting since 11 Jan. Gov't SLA's mean Zero.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NewContractorSC View Post
        Hi, I applied for SC clearance using a sponsor on the NSVS portal back in August 2018. They asked for some more info (finance form) in 7 days and I have provided all information by 3rd week of August. It is still showing In Progress and its nearly 3 months. I had SC a decade ago, but it expired.
        My question is, is there anyway to ask for progress update as an applicant?
        Nope, the whole process is screwed atm. because they changed the organisational arrangements behind it and tried to merge them all into one. It didnt work and now there is a huge backlog.

See the NAO report below.

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/up...ull-report.pdf
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

SC Clearance as new(ish) resident

Hi,

Posting here to not cause clutter threads.

There's a position going that requires SC clearance where the client is willing to sponsor. However the client seems under the impression that I need to have been a UK resident for over 5 years. I have not been able to find this requirement anywhere, does anyone have any more info for either the client to show that's not the case or for me to show that this is indeed so?

Edit: I was able to find this Get Security Cleared - Security Cleared Jobs (and even that states generally) but have not been able to find it confirmed anywhere else / on the gov.uk websites, neither has the agency.

Thanks!
          Last edited by Mscott; 7 January 2019, 17:19.

Comment

The gov sites are unlikely to go in to much detail about their process and decision points so maybe not so surprising there is nothing on there. Many of the other SC sites mention it but its always 'usually'or' generally' so looks like it's not a hard and fast rule.

If your client is list X and will sponsor you they should be able to make a call to the right place and find out.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's five years unless you were in varoius countries, overseas postings or Crown dependencies that share UK's security regime when they may waive the requirement.

But as we keep saying (including in this thread somewhere) it's pointless second guessing what they are looking for when assessing your security risk level. Just fill in the forms and hope.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

SC clearance

Will UK SC process go through my criminal/credit history from back home? I'm an Eastern European and I've been UK for 11 years now. I got a new job in catering and the job is based on goverment site. I need SC clearance to get this role. Im not sure if the process includes background check history from back home as I got some history when I was 17 and not sure if I should include that in the papers. Please help

Thank you all in advance

Comment

Originally posted by aaarek View Post
                  Will UK SC process go through my criminal/credit history from back home? I'm an Eastern European and I've been UK for 11 years now. I got a new job in catering and the job is based on goverment site. I need SC clearance to get this role. Im not sure if the process includes background check history from back home as I got some history when I was 17 and not sure if I should include that in the papers. Please help

Thank you all in advance
                  Nobody knows.
                  Just declare everything. If you lie then you're far less likely to get cleared. Having a criminal record is not necessarily a problem but it does depend on many factors.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    Nobody knows.
                    Just declare everything. If you lie then you're far less likely to get cleared. Having a criminal record is not necessarily a problem but it does depend on many factors.
                    Yeah, I just wasn't sure as if I had to ask my MG I would also have to tell him what it is and I would like to keep it between me and the vetting officer only if possilble.

Thanks

Comment

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Originally posted by aaarek View Post
                      Yeah, I just wasn't sure as if I had to ask my MG I would also have to tell him what it is and I would like to keep it between me and the vetting officer only if possilble.

Thanks
                      It’s an online form these days. Where the information goes I’m not sure. It will be within GDPR though.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X