• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cricketer View Post
    Dirk - I'm in a similar situation as yours. Did you have any issues by declaring the HMRC investigation bit
    It's been said a hundred times already - they don't care what it is about, they only care that you declare it since they will already know about it anyway.

That said, there is a faint chance they may see your earlier arrangements as financially inappropriate behaviour and refuse clearance anyway, but you won't know that until you apply.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

DV clearance denied

I recently underwent the Developed Vetting (DV) clearance process, but was unfortunately denied.

Does anyone know if this would be a permanent blacklisting, or if it is possible to reapply in some months or years?

Comment

Originally posted by fawthorp View Post
        I recently underwent the Developed Vetting (DV) clearance process, but was unfortunately denied.

Does anyone know if this would be a permanent blacklisting, or if it is possible to reapply in some months or years?
        What you get turned down for?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Don't be even more stupid than usual. They won't tell him, and even if they did he'd be in serous trouble if he passed it on.

To answer the question, for DV it's unlikely to go away. For example, you can correct problems that prevent SC such as late payments history, but DV is more concerned that you've been there once and may do so again.

So probably you're doomed for DV, but you won't know unless you are re-vetted for a new role: as I keep saying, these things are risk assessments, not black-and-white tick boxes.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Don't be even more stupid than usual. They won't tell him, and even if they did he'd be in serous trouble if he passed it on.

To answer the question, for DV it's unlikely to go away. For example, you can correct problems that prevent SC such as late payments history, but DV is more concerned that you've been there once and may do so again.

So probably you're doomed for DV, but you won't know unless you are re-vetted for a new role: as I keep saying, these things are risk assessments, not black-and-white tick boxes.
              Any need for this in professional forums?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Only if it's not warranted, bearing in mind that even discussing your high level clearance
                status is actually a breach of the OSA. It was also covered very early in this thread, that exposing the details of the way in which clearance is assessed, thereby exposing how to circumvent it, would defeat the whole purpose of doing it.

So I make no apology.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

As interviewers used to keep asking Sir Christopher Lee about what he did in Gov Intelligence dept during WW2, he would ask, "Can you keep a secret?

"Yes."

"Good, so can I."

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Regrettably yes.

Comment

If they want you onboard they can rush it thru. Put my forms in 16th onsite today.

Comment

Working...
                      X