• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

******* investment banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I wouldn't worry, obviously it is one of those reports no one looks at. Just put in a fix and shove it in a release.
    Unfortantly it was a report used at board level hence my major crapping of pants. Turns out though I was right all along the issue wasn't my side but it was another application that was showing the wrong figure but they insisted they were right until I proved them otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      One weekend recently I went home thinking I had been under reporting an AUM figure for the last 6 months to the tune of $40 billion, wondering how I was going to explain it I couldn't just slip it in to conversation , thinking my professional indem insurance of a couple of million wouldn't really cover it
      Unfortantly it was a report used at board level hence my major crapping of pants. Turns out though I was right all along the issue wasn't my side but it was another application that was showing the wrong figure but they insisted they were right until I proved them otherwise.
      All this time the world has been thinking that there was a credit-crunch and billions of pounds had been lost and it turns out that the money was there all along but you just left it off your report.

You'd better let the Bank of England know quick or they'll overdo the QE.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        All this time the world has been thinking that there was a credit-crunch and billions of pounds had been lost and it turns out that the money was there all along but you just left it off your report.

You'd better let the Bank of England know quick or they'll overdo the QE.
        I remember a friend at HSBC in early 90s who miscalculated amount of IRSs they had. It went to the BoE and newspapers. Proves they will print any old nonsense.

Comment

Board level, so not really important. Some secretary will just kind of note that there must be some mistake, and then they move on to the next point on their agenda.

It's only a problem if your figure appears on the daily accounts, and then there will be a huge hoo-ha.

No no nothing to worry about, they'll probably have a bit of a snigger about it.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

One weekend recently I went home thinking I had been under reporting an AUM figure for the last 6 months to the tune of $40 billion, wondering how I was going to explain it I couldn't just slip it in to conversation , thinking my professional indem insurance of a couple of million wouldn't really cover it

I wouldnt worry about the odd 40 Biliion - its not unknown for me to go through that over a weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X